Embarrassed?

You were busy packing your bag since it was lunch break. Just then, Jake approached you. He said that he wanted to talk to you about something. You both decided to meet at the café after school at 5 p.m. You went to the lunch hall to find people gossiping about Josh and Vesper. Even if it might not be true, it broke your heart seeing people praise them as an ideal couple.

You went back to the class. You were in no mood to eat. Just then Joshua came finding for you.

"Don't you want to have lunch?"

"We should tell everyone we're dating."

I spoke out what was in my heart. I did not like this feeling of random people shipping my boyfriend with some other girl, who is ten times prettier that I am. If they somehow find out that me and Joshua are dating, they would clearly accuse me for breaking their relationship. All because of the infamous rumours about me seducing Jake.

"Right now is not the right time."

"Are you embarrassed of me?"

And I ran away crying. Like I always do. Run away from problems thinking they would go away when in reality they would be following me too.

THIRD PERSON POV

Joshua was sad. He was scared of you misunderstanding him and exactly that happened. He wanted to talk things with you, but he didn't know the right way. He needed to shut down these false rumours before they spread even more.