Vesper Problems

We had to take the morning train to reach our destination. I was quite nervous. These past few months with Joshua have been amazing and all I wanted to do was shout my feelings for him to the world. The train journey was 1.5 hours. We talked on the way there. But, due to some unknown reasons there was an unknown tension between us. We had soon reached the station where we were supposed to get off.

It was a small village having large fields as far as eye could see. The sight was so beautiful and romantic. We started walking towards the lavender field. He held my hand suddenly. I was caught off-guard due to the sudden move. I held his hand a bit more tightly to let him know I wanted it too. His hands were so big compared to mine. It was cute.

We soon reached the destination. I left Josh's hand and ran towards the field. It was all purple and had the best smell. It felt surreal. But, what disappointed me was Vesper. Why was she here? Today of all days?

"What are you doing here?" I asked her in a rude and disappointed tone.

"Nothing. I am having a field trip with my friends. Sorry to disturb your little picnic."

Joshua was quite the whole while. We started exploring the field. It was beautiful but my mood was ruined because of Vesper. We decided to stop by a convenience store to eat something.

When I was inside the store after using the washroom, I saw Joshua pulling Vesper to the side and talking secretly with her. What was he talking with her? Did he still like her?