Memories part 2

continuation of the flashback

So, Giselle did confess to him but he rejected her because apparently, he liked someone else. Giselle was all tears for the whole next month. I did not know what to do. Then, Jake confessed his feelings for me and well we started dating, secretly. I didn't want to disappoint Giselle.

I used to meet Jake secretly. We were careful for 4-5 months, but we got tired of hiding things. It is pretty exhausting coming up with a new lie everyday. We decided we should tell her, but universe had its own way.

Before we could tell her, she saw us or should I say caught us behind the stairs hugging each other. It was a painful sight. I had to choose between the boy I like and my bestfriend. I was stuck badly. Before I could explain anything, I felt a slap on my right cheek and she ran away crying. Too much to take at once.

That's when things took turn to the bad side. She found a new group of friends, and they were bad news. She started bullying me, calling me names, spreading rumors about how I seduced Jake because I was jealous of her. I couldn't take it anymore and eventually had to break up with Jake and change schools. And god knows how much I missed him, we had no contact there after.