075. alice and frank's wedding

H I R A E T H

lxxv||alice and frank's wedding

Maria is sat beside Regulus on the second row in the large church, his tie the same silver colour of her dress that reaches just below her mid thigh with spaghetti straps and a pattern on the top half, silver heels on her feet making her look taller. Alice had been debating whether she wanted a wedding in a church or not but she decided to go ahead with it because her mother loves traditional weddings.

On her other side is Marlene then Mary and Sirius, then on the row behind them is Remus, James, Lily and Peter.

Alice had chosen Dorcas as her maid of honour so the dark skinned girl is sat on the first row with Alice's mother. Frank is stood beside Gideon Weasley who he had chosen as his best man and Fabian is sat with Molly, Arthur and their children.

Everyone is chatting quietly amongst themselves, Lily swatting James' hand as he goes to run it through his finally half-tamed hair. Marlene and Maria are speaking excitedly about how beautiful Alice looked before they had parted with her to come and sit down.

The high ceiling of the church is decorated with green and white plants, vines spiralling down from the roof and flowers sprouting at the ends of the vines as music begins to play and everyone quietens.

Frank straightens his posture as the officiant wizard gestures for everyone to stand and Maria gives him an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Regulus rolls his eyes jokingly at his girlfriend who nudges him before smiling as he intertwines their hands between them, everyone now looking at the entrance where the large doors open.

Alice begins to walk in slowly, her father at her side and their arms securely linked as she holds a beautiful bouquet of white roses in her hand.

Maria looks at Frank who has tears sparkling in his deep blue eyes and Alice finally reaches the front of the church hall, kissing her father on the cheek as he joins Mrs Fortescue beside Dorcas.

Maria watches as Alice joins Frank and sees his lips move as he whispers something to her that makes her lips turn upwards even more.

"Take your seats, ladies and gentlemen." The officiant wizard says and everyone sits as the music dies down. "We're gathered today to share this special moment, a promise uniting Frank Longbottom and Alice Fortescue. Let us proceed with the vows, Mr Longbottom?"

"Oh gosh." Frank mumbles making everyone chuckle. "Well, Alice Fortescue, it certainly was a surprise to find you and Marlene in the quidditch shed on my patrol.

Everyone has heard of Marlene McKinnon, but all I was thinking is who the hell is this girl?

Then I learned that you love plants, and I thought maybe I should get her a plant when I ask her on that date. Sometimes I'd wonder, how did I end up this lucky, as we sat and I watched you water your plants.