Chapter 74

I felt my heart drop at the sudden realization that my father was home, I turned to face the guys. Before I could even register that my father was home the boys were already moving, quietly and quickly up the stairs. 

          As Nathan reached the top he turned around and motioned me to come to him. I shook my head and stood up straight. I wasn't about to let him or the others get caught by my father. I would do whatever I could to protect the boys. Nathan looked like he was about to run down the stairs to get me when a hand, Marc's presumably, reached out grabbing Nathan by the collar of his shirt and yanked him towards my room. 

          I did my best to stay still as my father's tall shadow got closer to where I was kneeling. Once my father stepped in the room he spotted me. His eyes were tired, and his unshaven face looked drained. "Sang?" He called out. "What are you doing?"

         "Um...kneeling on rice..." I say softly, my voice cracking. 

         My father frowned. "What happened to your voice? And your wrists?"

         My eyes widen, he actually noticed? I didn't answer him instead my eyes looked over to the bedroom that my parents shared.

          His eyes followed mine and he sighed once again. "Clean up the rice and go to your room." I continue to kneel until he walked passed me and went inside his room, he shut the door gently behind him. 

         I got up in a hurry brushing the rice out of my knee. I picked up and cleaned up the rice, making sure I didn't leave any rice behind, my mother would probably yell at me if I did. As I cleaned I could hear my parents argue? I wanted to listen but I would rather be with the guys. I threw the rice in the garbage can and made my way up the steps.

          I open the door to my room, making my way inside I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. I look around me. My room was a mess. Marc, Nathan, and now Kota stood around. 

         Marc looked relived to see me flashing me a small smile. Kota looked a bit confused his phone in his hand, at what time did he show up again? Nathan stood by closest to the door, he had one hand run through his reddish-brown hair. 

         Before I could say anything Nathan turned around, wrapping his arms around me. I breathed in the cypress as I weakly hugged him back. I really needed a hug. "I'm glad you're okay." He said to me before letting me go. 

         I wobbled on my feet. "Me too, but now I'm a little nervous." The boys looked at one another.

         "What's wrong Sang?" Kota asked me.

         "I-I think my parents are arguing, I'm not sure what about. He's probably going to sleep off his business trip today and then he'll most likely go back to work. I just hope she doesn't take this argument out on me." 

         Kota's face darkened. "I'm going to go listen in."

        "What?" Kota has got to be kidding. "What if you get caught?"

        "I'm just going to Marie's room," Kota said. "Her room is right above theirs, it should be easy to hear."

        "Then...I'm coming too," I say. Marc reached out for my hand bringing me closer to the center of my room. 

        "No Sang," Marc said to me. "You're staying with us."

         Kota gave me a reassuring smile. "It'll be okay Sang, trust us."