Chapter 83

Gabe ended up dragging the boys and I into a Macy's where he gravitated towards some clothes on a long rack. "Stand over here." Gabe said gesturing to me to stand by him. One by one Gabe held up different articles of clothing towards me. He'd tuck a hanger under my neck or to my waist to get an idea of what it would look like on me. I'm pretty sure he pulled down everything each rack had to offer. Whenever he didn't like something he would put it back and if he did like something he'd pass it to Nathan or Corey to hang onto.

       I looked around and noticed that Victor had disappeared. 

      "Guys?" I asked looking over to the boys as Gabe walked away to look at some blue jeans. "Where did Victor get that credit card from?"

      "Didn't ya' know? His parents are loaded." Marc said. 

      "Yeah, I thought so," I say quietly. "I'm pretty sure Raven calls Victor Moneybags, so it makes sense."

       Marc laughed as Corey shook his head. "I told Raven to stop calling Victor that."

      "But it's true," Nathan said as he adjusted the clothes he was holding. "They gave that card to Victor the moment he was born."

      "Won't they notice all of this?" I ask holding up the Victoria Secret bags.

      "Probably not," Nathan said with a shrug. "If they did, they wouldn't care. As long as he plays his concerts they'll be happy."

       "Concerts?" I know that Victor plays the piano and was really good at it, but I didn't know he played professionally for hundreds.

       "Yeah, he hates them though. It's his parents who sign him up to do them. They love showing him off." 

       I sighed, it was very kind of Victor to buy all these things for me, but I don't know how I could ever make it up to him. A warm spot in my heart fluttered as I thought of Victor. I reminded myself to thank him again. My insides rattled as I think of all the money he's spent so far.

      "Okay," Gabe said as he passed some jeans for Corey to hold. "Let's try these on." I nodded my head.

       I followed Gabe as he led the way to where the fitting rooms were. They were unattended and empty. The boys joined me inside where Nathan and Corey dropped the clothes into a large pile on a seat outside one of the changing rooms. Looking at all of it felt overwhelming. 

       I locked the door of the fitting room once the boys left. I turn to see myself in the mirror, tracing my fingers over the buttons of Kota's shirt. His shirt didn't look terrible on me, even if it didn't fit me like it should. It felt a lot better than wearing Derricks clothes. It sounded silly, but wearing their clothes made me feel comfortable and safe. I wonder what they thought when they see me in their clothing?

       I undress and slip on a pink cotton t-shirt and jean shorts.. I look at myself in the mirror and felt myself smile. I looked so pretty, not only did I look it, but I felt it. I hope the boys like it as much as I do...

       I open the door to show the boys. The boys were speaking to each other, but stopped as soon as I stepped out. Marc and Corey both smiled at me. Nathan's eyes beamed. Gabe however frowned.

      "Terrible."

      My smile dropped. "What?"

     "Those don't fit." Gabe said as he looked through some of the clothes on the pile. "Try these instead." Gabe held up a pair of black shorts. 

      I sighed and walked back into the changing room.  Looking at myself in the mirror the clothes I was wearing fit me well. The shorts looked a bit weird as they sat on my hips. Is this what Gabe was talking about.