Chapter 75

Every night since then a boy has spent a night at my house. I've never felt so safe before. By Monday the marks on my wrists were still present, luckily Gabe let me wear the pink wristbands Silas gave to me. Which was good. I was tired of getting weird looks from strangers and worrying looks from my girl friends. Gabe did however pick out my outfits so that they would match my wristbands.

       My mother had been acting calm for once. She spent most of her time sleeping and she ate regularly. A doctor would called her on Tuesday afternoon to make sure which pills she was taken and to schedule her for an appointment. My mother ranted about how the doctor was treating her like a child. A part of me wondered if it was Dr. Green. Whoever it was I was thankful for them.

       I would spend most of my time at Kota's or Nathan's house. I would usually leave around half an hour before my father got home and slipped through the back door. Usually one of the guys would follow me home, climb on the roof and wait for me by the window. I would go back to my room and let them in where they would go hide in the attic. After that I would spend a lot of time huddled next to the attic door, keeping my voice to a whisper.

       I dreamt I was being chased by someone in the middle of a dark snowy forest, no matter how fast I ran I couldn't shake them.

       I felt myself being shaken. "Aggele mou," Silas voice called out to me. "Wake up." I was sleeping on my stomach. I had to twist myself around to look at him, I rubbed my eyes.

        "Hmm? What's wrong?" I asked. Silas was kneeling right by my bed, his dark eyes were filled with concern as he frowned.

      "You were shaking...are you okay?" I exhaled as I placed my head on my pillow, I smile at him.

       "I'm okay, just dreaming." He nudged me and I scooted over, giving him some room. He sat right beside me and pressed a hand on my upper back.

         "What about?" He asked. I closed my eyes.

         "Running," I yawn, which caused him to yawn. "I was running too slow." Silas chuckled .

         "Tell dream you to do more cardio." I smile, opening my eyes to look up at him.

         "How did you sleep? Was it hot in there?" I asked as he lifted a finger and slid a lock of my hair away from my mouth.

         "I didn't sleep." He said, "It's fine, I'm not that tired."

          I frown. "You're on the football team now," Silas and North had been told the day before they made the team. I was really happy for them, but they didn't seem to care much. "You have to sleep. I don't want you to be too tired for school and practice."

         "I just can't sleep in that thing," He said titling his head toward the attic. "It's like sleeping in a stuffy coffin. Besides, I should be listening for trouble.

        "Silas, we can't do this forever ya' know." I say as I begin to get up and rest on my knees while wrapping my blanket around my body, which were still a bit sore. "You guys can't come over every night and just stay up. Sooner or later we'll get caught." Every night they came over I had a looming fear we were going to get caught by someone in my house. It was only just a matter of time. And I was terrified. If I was being honest, I never really slept, I mostly just snoozed. I don't know how much longer I could hide how tired I was from the guys. I just know they're going to find out.

      He looked away from me. "I know Sang, don't worry, we're working on it."

      I titled my head in confusion. "Huh? What does that mean?"