Chapter 21

I woke up with a gasp as I shake off the nightmare I had. I dreamed that I was lost in a forest while someone called my name. No matter how far I went to find the voice I couldn't get to it. I rub my eyes and yawned. I felt myself wanting to go back to sleep, but I remember that today was registration day.  I felt myself perk up at the idea of seeing all the boys again. I jump up and open up closet. Picking out a blue skirt and a white blouse to go with it. 

    I put everything on in a hurry and look at myself in the mirror. I felt myself smile. Today was going to be amazing! I grabbed my brush and began to brush my hair, humming happily to myself.  I went to reach for my clip, but remembered that Gabe has suggested how cute I would look if I gave myself a ponytail. I grabbed a hair tie and put my long hair into a ponytail leaving some locks out to frame my face. 

    I look back myself in my full body mirror in my closet. Gabe was right. I look cute. I hear a quick knock at Marie. "Come in!" I happily called. Marie popped in, she was wearing dark blue jeans, and a red t-shirt with a pair of sneakers. I noticed she was wearing makeup. She wore foundation that wasn't quite a match, black eyeliner, and some pinkish lip gloss. I'm assuming the reason for her foundation being a bit of was because she'd pick up whatever makeup her friends from our old school didn't want any more. 

    "Hurry up dads waiting." She eyed my outfit. "You look like a complete nerd." I wanted to comment on her makeup, but I bit my tongue. I shrugged as she slammed the door telling me one last time to hurry. I quickly put on my sandals and grabbed my notebook and my pink pen along with the paper we had filled out for registration. 

    I skip down the stairs. I shut the door behind me I made my way to our old car. My father stood waiting for us. I got a good look at him. His curly dark brown hair, his tall lanky body. He look down at me. "You seem cheery Sang." I felt myself smile.

    "I just can't wait to see what classes I'll get." He eyed me but didn't say anything as he got into the car. I open the door and sat next to Marie in the back. As we left the driveway my eyes wandered to my older sister. She had her head turned to me. She watched the houses go by. I think about the time we were close. Playing make believe with one another. Those days were over. We had nothing in common, it made my heart hurt a bit. Seeing Luke and North, Corey and Brandon, I would never admit it, but I was a bit jealous. I felt my hand reach out to her. But I stopped myself. I couldn't do it.  I turned towards the window. There was no point. 

    The school lot was was filled with cars. It took a long time for my father to find a spot and it was in the way back. 

    "Remember where we parked, if you get lost just make yourselves come back to the car, Kay?" Me and Marie nodded as followed him towards the school. Gabe had made several comments about the school being ugly and he was right. I felt myself frown as I look up at the two story brown building. There were hardly any windows and the grounds were flat. The grass here was mostly brown and dying. The hedges along the school looked like they haven't been watered in months. Beyond the main building I saw trailers that have been transformed into class rooms. I felt myself groan internally.

    The inside was crowded, the entry ways and the hallways. Students walked all around us, yelling, calling out to one another, reuniting with old friends. Kota has said that the school was dangerous. I felt myself bring my notebook closer to my chest and I felt myself slouch. I tried to make myself as small as possible. At the same time I tried to look everywhere for the boys, with no avail. 

   "It looks like the tables are divided by your grade level." My father mumbled.

   "I'll be fine." Marie said as she looked over at a group of girls near her table. 

   "I'll be okay father." I tell him. He nods.

   "When you two are done, give your form to me so I can sign it." I nodded and so did Marie. We went off in opposite directions. I went to wait in the long line in the sophomores table. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped a bit. Quickly turning around I see two bright happy smiling faces.

    "Luke, Corey!" I put a hand on my chest. "You scared me." I giggled. The boys gave me a sympathetic look. 

   "Sorry!" Corey said chuckling.

   "I couldn't help myself." Luke said to me. Luke pulled his phone from his pocket, typing something in. "We've been waiting, like forever for you. I'll let everyone know your here."

    It wasn't long after they all appeared. Each boy were dressed nicely and groomed nicely, more so then all the other students. I felt myself grow a bit conscious, but being around the boys made me feel a bit at ease. Each boy took their time to greet me. 

   "It's about time you showed up." Victor mumbled checking his very expensive watch. "I've been here for hours.

    "I-I'm sorry." I said placing a finger on my bottom lip. "You didn't have to wait for me you know."  All ten boys exchanged looks. They truly didn't have to be here, they probably had better things to do. I felt guilty wasting their time. Marc then piped up. 

   "Don't listen to him." Marc went to stand next me. "This is what friends do, Vic's just a grumpy he didn't get his beauty sleep. Right?" Marc turned his head to look over Victor. 

   "Yeah, I'm just tired." Victor shoved his hands in his pockets. "Don't listen to me Sang." 

   As we waited the boys began to talk to among themselves. I tried to be apart of the conversation, but with all the noise going on. I couldn't hear them, so I began to look around my surroundings. My eyes fell on a group of girls who were on the opposite side of the building. They looked at the guys around me and talked amongst themselves. As soon as they saw me looking, they all shot me dirty, nasty looks. It confused me. What have I done. I felt my self stumble back into Silas. 

   Silas and Brandon stop their conversation about baseball and gave me worried looks.

   "Sorry!" I said. "Hey! Did- did you all sign up already?" I ask  the boys around me. I did my best to ignore the girls behind me, but I could feel their stares. The boys nod around me. 

   "Yeah, but we won't get our schedules on Monday," Kota explained. "And then we all start on Tuesday." 

   "Its a huge pain on the ass." Nathan mumbled. 

   "It could be worse." Silas said. North mumbled under his breath. He received a cold stare by Kota.

    "You'll have to watch your language." Kota stared at North, Nathan, and Gabe. 

    "Why are you looking at me?" Gabe said, Kota rolled his eyes. 

   "I know school hasn't started yet, but I want everyone to follow the rules. Understand?" Collective nods, even I found myself nodding.

   "All right this line is getting a bit to long." Kota looked over at me. "Who's going to stay here with her?" They all said 'Me' at the same time which caused me to snort and laugh. They all look around looking at one another, communicating. 

    "Victor, Brandon and Silas stay close. Marc, Corey, go tail her sister. The rest of us will wait in the courtyard.  Sang," Kotas eyes met mine. "When your done come find us. Okay?" I nodded, I blushed after all this they still wanna look not only after me, but Marie too? Why? What was the point?

-----------------------------------------------

HNNG I HAVE THREE MIDTERMS THIS WEEK AND I HAVEN"T STUDIED SO IMMA FAIL. FML. PRAY FOR ME PLEASE. 

Also in the future, I wanna write parts where its the boys point of view. It would only happen every so often. Would you guys like to see that? 

https://s.surveyplanet.com/r8NpnT18

Here's a one question survey for it, you don't have to do it, but it'll help me.