Chapter 11

I blink up at Kota. "Huh?" Surprised to find him here in Nathans house.

        "I was just curious what you were doing here." He walked closer to us. " I didn't know you two knew each other." 

        "We just met today." My voice cracked and I coughed. My voice was definitely better then the day  before,  but I knew Kota knows something is up. 

       "Sang. Your voice." Kota narrowed his eyes at me. I felt myself begin to get nervous.

       "I know right? Its bad." Nathan said as I give him a pout. "She just got over a cold."  Kota seemed confused by this. 

      "Sang." I couldn't look at him. He caught me in a lie. Kota sighed. "Come on guys." 

      "Where are we going?" Nathan curiously asked. 

      "My place. Go and get dressed." As soon as Kota told us to get dressed Nathan was on his feet. He stretched out his hand and I hesitantly placed my hand in his. He helped me up onto my feet. I leave the shed behind Marc and Nathan looking right at the ground not wanting to look at Kota's upset face. I felt awful lying to them, but they can't find out the truth. 

       I walked myself into the bathroom stepping over the spot I slipped on moments earlier. Nathan told me he'd bring my clothes in a second. I sunk to the floor. What have I done?  I lied to them. I shouldn't lie, but I can't help it.

      Someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and saw Marc holding my folded clothes. He gave them to me with a small smile but didn't say anything. I closed the door and got dressed. 

      I walk out the bathroom to see the boys already dressed and ready to go. 

     "Sorry." I whispered. 

     "Its okay Sang. Lets just hurry up and go."  Kota typed something into his phone as we followed behind him. 

     "Psst." Marc whispered to me. I look up at him, confused. "How'd you meet glasses?"

     "Glasses?" I placed a finger on my lip. Nathan snorted.

    "He means Kota Sang." 

    "Oh!" I chuckled at the nickname. "Its a long story." 

      It was long after we made it to Kota's house, he opened the door and let us all in before slowly shutting the door behind him. 

     "Is your mom here?" Marc asked looking around. 

      "No she and Jessica are out today." I look around with Marc, looking at photos of Kota who's with, I'm assuming, his mother and sister. "Sang come here." Kota went to the couch and patted the seat next to me. "I wanna check your voice." I started sweating, is he going to yell? I sat myself stiffen as I set next to him. 

     "I'm fine Kota." I said. "I just lost my voice." He didn't believe me.

     "Your voice  was fine the day before."  He leaned closer to me.  "What's wrong Sang?" How did he know I was lying?

     "Nothing Kota." I said annoyed he wouldn't accept my answer. 

      "It has to be something." I feel my heart beat rapidly against my chest. Do I really want them to hate me because of all my lies? How could I keep them away from my mother? How could I ever begin to explain my family. "Open up." Kota strongly commanded and I listened. Kota stood in front of me with a small flashlight, turning it on. He stared down my throat.

     "Whats wrong?" Nathan asked moving next to him. Both Nathan and Marc tried to take a good look down my throat.  Kota turned off the light and looked completely distressed.