Chapter 15

I cringe hearing my mother but made my way down to see her. I knock on her door before opening it.

      "Mother? You called?" I say looking at her.. She sat on the edge of her bed, sweaty and looking exhausted. She glared at me.

     "Where have you been?" She hissed. Think Sang!

     "I was outside in the shed." I lied.

     "All day?" She raised an eyebrow at that.

     "Yeah I was looking for back to school clothes." She let out a huff.

     "I don't want you poking your nose in there. Do you understand?" I nodded.

     "Yes mother." She looked me up and down.

     "Where is your sister?" I felt my heartbeat quicken. Did she see Marie and that boy?

     "She was with me and then she said she'd go on a walk by herself." I felt my hands get sweaty, hoping she'd believe this lie, each of us knowing that my sister is the least active person ever.

     "Really?" She said not believing me. I nodded.

     "Yes Mother we're both excited to start school." She started to lie back down. 

     "Alright fine then, also Sang?" 

     "Yes Mother?"

     "I want you to make sure the house stays cleaned, I had to take out the trash today, that is your chore!" She shouted. 

     "I understand, I won't let that happen again." She looked over at me.

     "Go upstairs and clean your room it's a mess, I want it spotless!" 

     "Of course, I'll clean up my mess." I backed out of her room all the while she told me how to clean after myself as if I haven't been cleaning after everyone in this house. 

     I shut her door and sighed. My ears picking up noise coming from the stairs. I jogged over to see Marie enter her room before closing it quietly behind her. I tip toe up and quietly knocked on her door. 

     "Marie?" I called out for her. Silence. I lean against the door. "Please Marie its about you and your friend Derrick." At that the door knob twisted open and Marie stuck her head out.

     "What about him?" She glared at me.

     "Listen, mom knew you left." I whispered. Marie's eyes widened.

     "She what?" She looked panicked.

     "It's okay, I told her you went on a walk and she believed me." She let out a sigh of relief, nodding her head. 

     "Okay thanks." I smiled at her.

     "Hey siblings-" Before I could finish Marie shut the door in my face. I blinked and I felt a tad sad thinking about the twins. They had such a good relationship, I wish me and Marie could be sisters but also best friends. I walk to my room shutting the door behind me. I looked at my bare room, not having to clean anything up I decided to through my phone. I shut the door behind me and reached into my bra for my phone.  I walked to my trunk by my window and sat on it, placing  a book close by in case someone came in I could pretend I was reading.  

     I took a peek out of the window to see Victors car still over at Kota's. That afternoon Nathan had gone home and Marc said he had things to do and that he'll see us later. Leaving the rest of the boys to watch a movie and stick around for dinner.