Chapter 19

The four us ran down the stairs and made a beeline to the kitchen. I stood in the kitchen, not knowing what to do. The boys around me walked to their own spots. Brandon hoped and sat on the counter. Luke went to grab a plastic bowl and Kota reached into a cabinet and pulled out a pan. 

   "Sang can you get the milk, butter, and eggs?" Kota gestured towards the fridge. I quickly moved towards the fridge and and got all the ingredients and placed them next to Kota's plastic bowl.

    "Don't forget the pancake mix." Luke gestured to an upper cabinet. I nodded and pulled it open. I notice that the pancake mix was at the very top. I get  up on my tippy toes and reach for it, but I'm only inches away from getting to it. I hear chuckling coming from behind me when a hand reaches over mine and grabs me the pancake mix. I look up and see North looking down at me. 

    "Here Sang let me help you." He said. I felt myself blush and pout. 

    "I'm not that short!" I tell them.

    "Maybe we should get Sang her own step stool for your house Kota." Luke said chuckling. 

   "Yeah we'll find a pink step stool just for you." Kota added. I felt my cheeks glow as I gave the pancake to mix. 

   "I wish I were just a bit taller. " I tell them. 

   "Don't worry Sang," Brandon says to me. "We'll find you a pair of heels." 

   After a while of the boys teasing me, we finally finish making the pancakes. I look down at the stack. 

    "Mmm," I say. "They smell great!" I tell the boys. 

    "Yup! All they need now is some syrup." Luke said making his way to the fridge. I start to think. 

    "You know, maybe you should add some chocolate syrup on the pancakes?" Luke turned to me with wide eyes.

    "You're a genius Sang!" He yelled and I felt myself blush. Luke quickly grabbed the maple and chocolate syrup before North grabbed the chocolate syrup from Luke's left hand.

    "No!" North yelled. "This is enough sugar! I'm vetoing Sangs genius idea." Brandon yanked the syrup from Norths hand.  North seemed taken aback by this.

   "Nope," Brandon said tossing the syrup to Kota once North moved to take it from him. 

   "A little syrup won't kill us." Kota said when he caught the syrup. North grumbled something under his breath about us getting a stomach ache. Kota lightly drizzled the chocolate syrup on the stack of pancakes, Luke came over and poured the maple syrup all over. If the chocolate syrup wasn't gonna give us a stomach ache this surely will. 

     We ate at Kotas dining room table surrounded by pancakes, eggs and bacon. The eggs and bacon were made by North saying we all need protein in our diet. As I bit into everything it erupted with flavor. At my home most of foods taste plain, but everything here was delicious. 

    "Mmm." Luke said with a mouthful of food. "We should totally serve these pancakes at the diner." 

    "We are totally not." Said North.  Luke cocked an eyebrow at his brother.

   "Why not? They make these kind of pancakes at other diners, and besides Sang loves 'em, right?" His bright eyes looked right at mine and I nodded. 

    "Why not add some fruit to the pancakes?" I said as I took a sip of milk. I put the cup down at Kota smiled at me.

   "Nice milk stach." He said. I quickly wipe my upper lip. 

   "Maybe you guys should worry about building the diner rather then the menu." Brandon said as he took a bite of bacon. North scoffed. 

    "We're getting there Brandon." He looked over at me and saw that I made no efforts to eat any of the bacon he had placed earlier on my plate. "Sang eat more bacon, you need the protein." My hand raised itself to my throat. As much as I wanted to eat more of the bacon, it hurt going down. I glance to Kota for help. He seemed to understand.

    "She can't North. She needs to rest her throat." North gave me a curious look. 

    "Sang are you sick?" Luke asked. I look at my lap wanting to avoid their looks.

    "Sang?" Brandons voice called for me. I shudder remembering the event that led to my throat aching. 

    "Do you want me to tell them Sang?" Kota gently placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and Kota let out a sigh. "Okay." He said. "Guys a few days ago or so Sangs um, mother, made her drink a glass of lemon juice and vinegar." 

    I look up just as Luke dropped his fork, making a loud noise as it hit the plate, he stared at me. Brandon's face darkened and North looked surprised. 

    "She forced Sang?" It came out as a whisper. I nodded. Kota continued.

    "It, of course, burned. Her parents are strict so no calling her or going over. We can only continue to text her, that's it." Brandon looked away cursing. Luke looked sad. 

    "But why would they-"

    "Silas called." I say interrupting Luke. 

    "Thats it?" North asked. "Did you guys talk 'bout sex or something?" I blushed and shook my head no. What kinda girl did he think I was?? 

    "North." Kota shot a look over at North who just ignored it. 

    "Are you going to be okay?" Luke asked softly. I nodded taking a small sip of milk. 

   "Yeah, it's not that bad, honest." I tell them as Brandon stood up. 

    "Excuse me." He said wiping his mouth with napkin before leaving the room. 

    "Brandon?" I called to him, but Kota rubs my shoulder.

    "Give him a minute Sang."  He tells me.

    "Is that why shes here?" North asks. Kota turned to him and narrowed his eyes at him.  Looks were exchanged before Kota answered.

    "She's here because she's my friend North. Do you have a problem North?" I blinked.

    "Well she-" North looked between us when Luke interrupted him.

   "She's my friend too North." I felt my self blush as I looked at North and Kota who were still communicating.

    "I know she is." North snapped. "I'm just wondering if its safe for her to be here. What if her mother finds out shes here with us? 

    "It's fine," I tell North. "She doesn't even know I'm gone, she thinks I'm in my room all day. The only person who notices I go anywhere is Marie, my sister, but she never cares." North frowned at this. He stood up and mumbled that he was going to check on Brandon.  I felt my self shake. 

   "I'm going to the bathroom." I tell Kota who nodded and took a sip of his water as Luke sat staring at his unfinished breakfast. I made my way to the bathroom where I splashed water on my face. Cooling me instantly. A part of me wanted to cool down, but the other part of me wanted to make sure this wasn't some kind of dream. 

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Wowie this took longer  to write then it need it to be. Also I turned 20 last Saturday on the 25 and I'm shooketh. 

See you guys next time~