Chapter 13

I flinched at the boys angry voices. Gabe continued to brush my hair as I watched the boys argue.

      "Marc, how could you push her into a pool?" Kota asked as he stared daggers at Marc. Marc just smiled and shrugged. 

      "Nathan you were there why didn't you do something?" Kota turned to Nathan. Nathan rolled his eyes. 

       "I was to busy resurfacing to notice she was the next victim." Nathan replied. Kota turned to face Marc again shaking his head at him. 

      "What if she couldn't swim? She could have drowned!" Victor sounded so angry at Marc.

      "But she didn't drown so crisis averted!" Marc gave the boys a casual smile as he stretched his arms high above his head. Kota sighed loudly.      

     "That's still not the point Marc, you of-" As Kota kept talking I leaned over and  gently put my hand on his knee. 

     "I'm okay Kota, besides," I felt myself smile. " It was so much fun!"  Kota blinked at me and smiled. "I haven't been swimm- Agh!" I feel my head being pulled back with the hairbrush Gabe was using. 

      "Oh shit!" He cursed. "Sang I'm sorry." I could feel him untangling the brush from my hair. 

      "I-its okay." I said. 

      "No," Gabe grumbled. " That's it! I need conditioner." He crawled from behind me and hopped of Kota's bed as he reached his hand out to me. "C'mon Sang." 

      "Where are we going to?" I took his hand and he gently pulled me from the bed and towards the bathroom. 

       "To wash that hair of yours duh!" Gabe laughed as he kept a firm grip on me. I turn my head to the boys as if to ask for help, instead they all gave me sympathetic looks.  

       'Sorry!' Kota mouths giving me a small smile.

        Gabe entered the bathroom and turned all the lights. I stepped in front of him as he shut the door behind us. He walked past me and stepped into the tub

      "Alright, lets see..." Gabe mumbles as he steps into the tub looking through all of the bottles Kota has. I look at myself in the mirror and cringe. No wonder Gabe wanted to wash my hair, it looked just as bad as it did earlier that day. 

      "So Sang," Gabe said as he stood up holding a few different bottles in his hands. "Tell me about yourself." 

      "Oh um." I say thinking about where to start. "Well, I'm fifteen and I'm going to be a sophomore when school starts again." 

     "Ashley Waters right?" He asked as he turned the sink testing out the water with his right hand.

     "Um yeah." He smiled at my answer. He gestured to come to the sink. 

      "Alright Sang get in there and tell me how it feels." I slowly put my hand in the water. It wasn't too hot or too cold. It was just right. 

       "That feels good." I said. Gabe nodded and grabbed a shampoo bottle. I hear voices from the outside of the bathroom door. I struggle to make out what they were saying. 

       "Okay great, just lean back and let me do all the work."  I lean back carefully doing my best to ignore the whispers. The warm water hit me gently. 

       "I'm so happy that you'll be in the same grade as me," He says, "Are you gonna take any art classes?" He smiles down at me as he starts to shampoo my hair.