10.

[Location check! Where are you guys in the world? 🌎📍]

•••

The room wasn't dirty, but things were becoming untidy. Drawers were pulled out with clothes hanging from them, some were even entangled on the carpet, and a large suitcase was sitting on the bed.

Jersey moved around swiftly, trying her best to pack her things. She grabbed her traveling accessories since they would come in handy for her. The young woman could pack her toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, and much more.

Leaving was the best solution—Jersey assumed. She didn't want to be around Malcolm. Not right now, not in the same house. The woman wanted to be far away from him as possible.

In her opinion, she felt like he betrayed and manipulated her. Jersey knew that Malcolm had some illegal activities going on. She knew that he went after people and had the authority to explore more options. Rudy was a great example; he had the young boy severely beaten and put into the hospital.

"Baby, did you know that Harlem has a birthmark behind his ear?"

Jersey could hear Malcolm questioning her. He sounded far away since he was in the living room. He was messing with Harlem. That made her even more upset because she wanted her baby to take a nap without any interruptions.

"Did you hear me? What the fuck?" Malcolm cursed before he could think. The burly man stood in the archway with his eyes focused on the clutter that decorated the room. There was a suitcase filled with clothes, and Jersey stood beside it with a flared nose, and her lips were formed into a pout. She looked pissed while Malcolm stood there, stumped.

"Yo, what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving."

He furrowed his thick eyebrows as he kept his honeyed eyes on her.

"You're leaving? For what?"

Jersey decided to stay silent and continue to pack her things. Her snubbing seemed to anger Malcolm. He stood there watching her with a clenched jaw.

"Answer me, Moriah. Why are you leaving suddenly? Communicate with me, please."

Jersey tossed her shirt inside the suitcase and placed her eyes on the giant. She narrowed her eyes and said, "You manipulated me..."

"I manipulated you. What are you talking about?"

"I knew you ran your businesses...and I know that you can get hostile with people. I'm a witness to that." Jersey continued with a shrug, "But I never knew that you ran a drug operation."

Malcolm's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't expect Jersey to find out about his drug trafficking business. The man kept it on the low due to his reputation. Not many people knew about it, and he wanted to keep it that way.

"A drug operation...wow." Malcolm tried playing it off.

"You don't have to pretend, Malcolm. Tilly told me about your drug trafficking business. She says you're running a large operation throughout New York."

Malcolm plastered a scowl on his face and said, "When did you have time to talk to Tilly?"

"She called your cellphone. The bitch needs help getting out. I told her you wouldn't help her after she attacked me, and... that's when she exposed you. She's going to use it to blackmail you."

Malcolm shook his head. He didn't care about Tilly needing his help. He didn't even care about her trying to blackmail him.

"Don't listen to her. She's fucking delusional." He spoke while adjusting his son. Harlem was knocked out in his arms.