27.

Live from Turks and Caicos!

It was morning. The light beamed through the window, letting Jersey know. Her eyes fluttered for a few minutes until she woke up. She yawned, extended her mouth, and got a whiff of her morning breath. It smelled like mint but with a stale taste. Her breath wasn't too bad since she practiced brushing her teeth before bed.

She looked over and realized that Malcolm was not in bed. He was on the balcony. The man was busy walking back and forth on the deck, pacing. A du-rag was tied around his head, and he wore no shirt. A pair of grey sweatpants covered his lower half and some slides. His tattoos looked vibrant on his dark skin, which seemed to turn Jersey on.

The woman reached up to scratch her scalp. When she brought her hand down, she looked at it and stared at the ring for a while. Jersey almost forgot that Malcolm proposed to her.

Reality hit her in seconds. She was an engaged woman—a fiancée. Jersey would soon be married.

"It's so beautiful." She gushed to herself while getting another view of her ring. This was her millionth time examining the beautiful rock.

Feeling happy about her engagement, she got out of bed and went straight into the bathroom. Jersey made sure to pee and handle her hygiene. After completing her daily habits, she found herself outside, where Malcolm was.

The man was now sitting in one of the chairs. As expected, his phone was still glued to his ear. She noticed that it was his Blackberry, which meant he was handling business.

Malcolm noticed her and signaled for her to sit on his lap. She obliged and took a seat. He wrapped his arm around her waist and planted a soft kiss on her neck and then ear. Jersey felt comfortable in his warm embrace. She wanted to melt right there but managed to hold herself together.

"Give them until next Monday." Malcolm rasped. Gently, he rubbed Jersey's stomach. "Monday. And let them know that my offer is firm. I'm not taking anything less."

The person on the phone could be heard slightly. Nosily, Jersey leaned against him, trying to catch an earful. However, her plan failed. She still couldn't make out what the person was saying.

"Okay."

Malcolm ended the call and placed his attention on Jersey. They stared at each other for a while, not speaking. His facial expression wasn't readable, and that drove her crazy. She wanted to know what her man was thinking and how he felt.

Without saying a word, the man leaned over and pressed his lips against hers. They stayed like that for a while, smooching each other until they felt it was enough.

"Good morning." Jersey greeted him softly. It was hard to read Malcolm, but his nonchalant ways didn't deflate her happiness. She was still high on her engagement and the sex they had last night. It had been a minute since she had a breathtaking orgasm.

"Good morning..." He responded coolly.

"How are you feeling this morning?" She questioned him with concern.

Malcolm touched his beard and pushed out, "I'm okay."

She raised her eyebrows and asked, "Are you sure?" Communication was something Jersey took seriously, especially with Malcolm. She felt like they needed to be completely honest with each other. It was the only way their relationship could survive.

"Yeah." He replied with ease. "I was just handling a situation with my lawyer. I'm trying to buy that property to start on my plan."

"What..." Jersey spoke in surprise. "What plan do you have?"