28.

[This chapter was supposed to be published the same night as chapter 27. A lot of people were chewing me out about that filler chapter😂]

[Love you guys. Even the silent readers.❤️]

▲▲▲

Christmas Eve.

Jersey woke up early to get prepared for the day. It was Christmas Eve, and she planned on going ATV riding with Malcolm. Again, she was hesitant about it but went along with it.

She had a lot of experience in riding. However, riding a four-wheeler was something she had no experience in. Malcolm assured her she would get some proper lessons before getting on the road. He even mentioned ATV riding being easy.

When they got to the place, Malcolm paid three hundred dollars altogether. The admission was expensive, and Jersey mentioned it. He brushed it off because the deduction didn't hurt his bank account.

After equipping the wheels, they were given helmets and goggles. There was a small orientation, which allowed the employee to give out proper safety instructions.

After sitting on the ATV, Jersey didn't seem too nervous about it. She felt around on the handles and took in the sight of the vehicle. Getting acquainted with the ride was the right thing to do.

Jersey's adrenaline rushed as soon as she pushed the throttle. The ATV took off lightly while kicking up dust. Malcolm wasn't too far behind. He managed to ride beside her. The man was used to riding ATVs. This was a usual hobby for him. However, he wasn't used to driving them on unpaved roads.

Malcolm kept his eyes on Jersey, following her every move. He didn't want to remove his eyes because he felt he would lose her. Suddenly, the motor kicked up in her vehicle. She sped off, and he assumed she had gained some confidence.

"Slow down!" Malcolm called out as they made a right. He didn't want her speeding off and losing control.

The ATVs road through the dusty roads and zoomed through pathways with trees on opposite ends. A few animals could be seen visibly, but they didn't seem to care.

In the end, they returned the vehicles and met up with each other. Malcolm looked at Jersey carefully and realized she was scrutinizing her hand. He walked over and asked her if she was okay.

"You broke my nail." She pushed out.

"What?" He grabbed her hand and noticed her cracked nail. She went and got her nails done before arriving in Turks and Caicos. "I didn't do that."

"Yes, you did." She whined while pulling her hand away. "When you were helping me get on the ride. It cracked."

"Nah." Malcolm shook his head. "You did that shit on the ride."

"Aw, man..." Jersey trailed off. "We have to find a nail shop because I can't...I can't move around with my nails like this. Tomorrow is Christmas."

"Alright. Let's go and shower, and then we can find a nearby shop."

"Okay," Jersey responded while sighing. Her mood was off, and Malcolm picked up on it.

"Come on, let's go." He grabbed her hand, and she proceeded to walk with him. "Did you have fun?"

"I actually did...surprisingly...." She muttered.

"I figured you did," Malcolm spoke as they neared their vehicle. "The way you took off."

"It was like an adrenaline rush or something," Jersey responded coolly. "I had too much fun."

"I'm glad you did. See how fun life can be when you try new things?"