25.

[Where would you like to vacation?🗺]

▲ ▲ ▲

The flight wasn't long. However, Jersey had to keep herself entertained. Malcolm didn't understand the meaning of a vacation. He decided to move to the opposite side and pull out his laptop and paperwork.

He was working.

The woman was stretched out on the couch with a blanket covering her body. Her head rested on a cushioned pillow that she'd recently purchased from Target.

"That's not the correct amount I'm seeing." Malcolm rasped into the phone. He tapped on the sheet of paper and said, No, it's actually forty thousand."

Jersey narrowed her eyes at him and eventually placed her attention on her ringing cellphone. She realized Frida was trying to call her. Hurriedly, she answered her phone call. The woman assumed something was wrong with Harlem.

"Hey."

"Hi. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Everything is great. I was calling to see if you and Malcolm were safe."

"Oh." Jersey pushed out in relief. She glanced at her boyfriend and said, "We're fine. Still on the plane, though."

"Okay. I needed an update." Frida decided to switch the conversation. "Harlem is sitting here, in his chair."

"...he's finally sitting in it?"

"He is." Frida smiled as she tapped her grandson's chubby leg. "He's playing with his toy."

Jersey hadn't been gone from Harlem for twenty-four hours, and she already missed him. She was cool with him staying off with Frida for weekends, but this time it was different. She would be away from him for five days.

"I want to see him." She announced, trying to mask her emotions.

"Let me FaceTime you. Hold on."

Quickly, Frida tapped the FaceTime button. It sent Jersey a request, and she wasted no time accepting it. The picture outline popped up, and she realized Frida's gorgeous face was framing the camera.

Frida's hair was in small box braids, and she managed to get them waist length. Her natural face was beautiful, and she wore no makeup. Jersey blinked a few times. She was amazed by Frida. The woman looked around her age. But there were some factors to look at—Frida was only forty-one. She also had Malcolm at a young age.

"Are you okay?" Frida questioned Jersey, who was still lying on her pillow. She was concerned about the woman since she had a gloomy expression.

"I'm fine. I was just about to take a much-needed nap."

"Well, you can get as much rest as you can now." Frida pointed out. "Take advantage of it."

"I'm trying."

Harlem let out a yelp, and that snatched Frida's attention.

"What are you doing?" She called out, nearing the infant so his mom could get a good view of the him.

Jersey got a clear view of her son. He was sitting in his white chair. This was her first time seeing him in his chair. Frida mentioned buying it, but it slipped her mind. Harlem looked like a big boy as he sat there with his eyes trained on his toy.

"Harlem," Jersey called out, trying to catch his attention.

His grey eyes darted toward the phone. When he noticed Jersey, he widened his eyes and stared at her.