Ratchet x Human! Female! Depressed! Reader

[Author Note: This story is NOT to influence self-harm. There will be many mentions of cutting, blood, inner demons, and so on. If you do not wish to read this please skip this chapter. The idea of this story is that the reader has inner demons that can control her.]

The scars. Bloody bandages. The silver blade slicing over and over and over again. The whispers and the cackles of the voices. Again and again and again. They never stopped. Every day you would wake up, let the blade slice through your skin, rebandage the wounds, go to school and fake your smiles, go back to the base in the afternoon, do your homework, have dinner, get ready for bed, and let the lies overcome the little amount of happiness the silence gave you. You were like a mindless, emotionless puppet- your demons pulling the strings. Your maniacal laughter amongst screams of agony fueled the demons. The adrenaline rush and the feeling of being alive once again was like a drug to you.

Everyone around you thought you were insane. You didn't care, because you knew you were. I mean, what sort of normal person has demons in their head pulling the strings? You couldn't stop them and you honestly didn't want to. Their lies kept you alive- stopped you from ending it all.

There was just one tiny problem though. Your guardian, and your crush, was the worst yet best 'bot it could be.

Ratchet.

You avoided him as much as possible without seeming too suspicious, knowing he wouldn't care about you anyway.

He doesn't like humans. Why would he like you?!

I don't know.

You're stupid!

I know...

Ugly!

I know.

You're going to die anyway! He'll outlive you and leave him heartbroken even if he did like you back!

I know!

Just give up! You're worthless! No one cares about you!

I KNOW!

You send a mental growl to them, earning snickers in response. The moment the bell rings at the end of the day, you swing your schoolbag onto your back and hurry out the door, slowing to a walk in the hallway.

They're all staring at you. They're all whispering about you. They all know. They all hate you. They're all laughing. You know it's true~!

You shake your head but slowly accept their lies.

You're a FREAK! No one will ever like you!

As soon as you walked through the door, you had a counter-attack for that.

That's not true! They do.

You let a small smile grace your features at the sight of the three teens waving you over, calling your name.

They're only your friends because they pity the fact that you have no friends! You'd have NO ONE without me!

Your face falls for a moment and you halt in your steps before jogging up to them, a fake smile forming.

"Hey, Y/n!" "Hey." "Ready to go to base?! I bet something's gonna happen today!"

Something is going to happen today. Don't try to stop it. You know it'll happen eventually.

I know.

"Hey, guys." You smile.

Jack goes to say something but is interrupted by the sound of Bumblebee, Bulkhead and Arcee pulling up.