Ratchet x Human! Female! Depressed! Reader Part 2

[A/N: There's two endings, a sad ending, and a happy ending. Sorry if this isn't what anyone wanted. I tried. Feeling tired right now, ngl.]

Sad Ending:

Ratchet's spark stopped. He fell to his knees. His intake hung open as if he would scream, but no sound left. Nurse Darby started to place your corpse in a bodybag, but the sparkbroken medic stopped her.

"I'll handle the rest."

She nodded and left the room, most likely to notify the others of the loss. The poor male stumbled to his feet. He stabilised himself using the sides of the medical bed. He couldn't stop staring at you, tears flooding down his face. He didn't know what to do. He hugged your still-warm form tight, sobbing as he buried his face into your neck.

"W-Why did you have to leave? I love you! I d-don't know w-what to d-do without y-y-you!"

Seeking comfort, he pressed his lips to yours. They were cold. The reminder tore at his heartstrings. Loud sobs sounded through the base. It was a sad day for all, but he had been hit the hardest.

Just his luck. It just had to happen to him a second time, didn't it.

He then knew what you must've felt. He wanted to die. He wanted to join you. He cursed Primus for making him a Cybertronian, and your god for making you human. If you were the same species, he could've at least joined you one day.

Tears brimming once again at the corners of his eyes, he firmly gripped the bodybag and pulled it over you before zipping it up and fizzling his holoform out of existence, staring at his pedes.

He felt like a fool for not noticing your struggles sooner.

He could've stopped you. He could've helped you. He could've shown you how much he loves you. He could've-

He felt a servo on his shoulder.

"Old friend, you did all you could. She'd be proud of you."

Breaking his persona, he turned and hugged his leader, lubricant leaking down his faceplates. The Prime was shocked, but awkwardly wrapped his arms around the medic, rubbing his backstruts being the only way he knew how to calm someone.

"It wasn't your fault."

Nodding, the medic agreed. But deep down... his spark dimmed, aching more than anyone could've thought.

Happy Ending:

The moment Nurse Darby left the room, sobs broke out. The distraught Autobot medic-turned-human's head snapped toward the heart rate monitor as it started again at a nice, steady rhythm. He grabbed ahold of your hand, feeling a pulse. Seeing your eyes slowly open, he hugged you tight.

"Please, stay with me! Don't leave me!" he pleaded, kissing your hand and giving it a slight squeeze. "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!"

"I... love you... t-two, R-Ratchet," you cracked a smile and gently caressed his cheek with your free hand.

He leaned into your touch, placing his hand over yours. He entwined your fingers with his and leaned over you, pampering kisses all over your face.

"I love you so much- PLEASE don't leave me- LET ME hug you and kiss you and love you and date you and prove my love to you and cuddle with you and be with you through all of our ups and downs- and please show me everything about you- all your perfections and imperfections- and I'll show you all of mine- just don't scare me like that again!" he ranted on.

You lifted your hand and weakly, but gently tapped his arm.

"Y-Yes, Y/n?"

"M-Me too."

A tsunami of fatigue hit you. You groaned and rubbed a hand on your temple, eyelids drooping.

"Shhhh... Don't struggle. It's alright, you need to rest. I'll be by your side when you awake," he pressed his lips to yours before parting.

You locked gaze with him before letting a soft smile form as you gave in to your exhaustion. Only one thing stayed on your mind through your dream world. The smile that stayed on the medic's face. You had been successful. You had brought happiness to someone who needed it, someone who deserved it. That meant that your suffering wasn't all for nothing.

And that made you smile.