Son! Megatron x Cybertronian! Femme! Carrier! Reader x Son! Optimus Prime Part 3

A/N: @rextherabbit111 I did it! Here's part 3! I ended up (sadly) running out of inspiration, so the end's kinda... weird... Oh well. Enjoy! :)

"And the wre- Wheeljack, as he called himself- came back AGAIN, went INTO the STAFF meeting, and DECLARED himself my amica endura!"

You laughed and the mech chuckled. After calming down, you wiped coolant from your optics, holding in a few leftover snickers.

"I wish I worked with you! Every day sounds like a new adventure!" you grinned, biting your derma in an attempt to hide your growing grin.

"It'd be a hassle to train you, though," he chuckled.

You playfully whacked his stabiliser from under the desk, earning a laugh.

"You know I don't lie, N/n," he chuckled.

"I know, Hatchet," you mimicked.

Your optics locked with his. He stood from his office chair and walked around his desk. He offered you his servo and you took it, being pulled to your pedes and against his chassis. Your vents hitched as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Ratchet... I-"

"Let me speak," he murmured.

"I need to go..." you pulled away. "I'm sorry, my shift starts soon."

"Okay. See you next solar cycle..." he sighed.

His spark twisted painfully in his chassis as you left his office in a hurry. It tugged toward you again and again. He cursed under his breath and rubbed the area over his spark chamber. He wanted- no. He NEEDED you. NO, not in THAT way! Without you, he was incomplete. Only half of a whole.

Primus DAMN IT! He LOVED you! He couldn't live without you!

You'd known each other since you were both younglings, training to become the career path which was decided at creation. You'd both only been amica endura, but had grown closer since your mechfriend was caught cheating. He had comforted you and allowed you to stay at his housing unit. His favourite part of every day since the breakup was coming back from work to see you doing some silly form of entertainment for your twin mechlings. It did get... awkward, sometimes. There was the occasion where you'd be beat- disciplining, them with... la chancla. After you'd send them to recharge, you'd always talk with him, laugh with him, or even cuddle up on the single couch.

He sighed and sat back down on his office chair before resting his helm in his servos. How many stellar cycles ago was that? Orion and Megatronus were now young mechs- one an archivist, the other a gladiator. They had moved out long ago- leaving you and him alone. When would he get the chance to ask if his feelings were mutual?

-------------------------------

Apparently never. He had returned to his housing units with a smile on his faceplates- which quickly faded. You'd left a note on the table, saying that you had gone off-planet due to the start of a somewhat war. Earlier that very day, he would've called it nonsense, but then, he hadn't seen the protests and rallies for each side- the Autobots and the Decepticons.

"Why must Primus himself draw us apart..." Ratchet sighed to himself, coolant brimming at the corners of his optics as he reread the note again and again.

He crumpled it in his servos before tossing it aside, fury suddenly welling in his spark. His fellow Cybertronians were fools! Surely this 'war' would just blow over, like every other protest!

...Right...?