Chapter 29: The Leader

Author...

Ryuu let loose one laugh, then it turned into a chuckle, then he just started laughing hysterically. His actions greatly confused everyone around him that it glued them to their places.

"You think they're dragons? Really?" he said trying to stop laughing, "HILARIOUS!"

Then out of nowhere, he just steps on the chain, tightening the knot around Aka's neck. Her scream was blood curdling yet dry. It was absolutely painful to hear that even the Fairies winced when they heard her.

"Stop hurting her!" Natsu once again tried to tackle Ryuu but it was useless considering that he could immobilize them with just one move of a finger. Natsu always ends up dodging and falling on his butt.

They felt completely useless in Ryuu's presence.

"Can't--- breathe!" Aka said so weakly while grasping the air as if she was atually trying to get some. Her body was hardening up to her toes and fingers and the little color that she had was escaping her.

"Stop!" Kuro couldn't bare to watch, "Please stop. She'll die. Please." just seeing Aka being totured in front of her made her knees shake and she felt every fiber of her strength beign take away from her along with the breaking of her heart.

Ryuu only looked at her with a raised eyebrow. He tightened the chain. Aka screamed in pain.

"No!" "Don't do this, please!" "You bastard, stop! P-please!"  the others pleaded too. Even Natsu and Gajeel felt like there was no other way for him to stop.

Ryuu couldn't help but grin. "I can't believe that there are this much people who would beg for your survival, Aka." he stated as if it was a miracle. "To think that you tried to kill them, too. Just proves how stupid they are."

"Chi-- too. Stupid."

Ryuu's head snapped towards Aka. She was in pain. She looked ready to die at any given time and at any given moment. Her red eyes slowly turning white, her saliva uncontrollably dripping out of her mouth and her bruised up face and neck. She was a pitiful sight. Though Ryuu could have killed her with just simply tightening the chain just a tad more, he threw this away from her and held her by the collar, glaring at her like she was his unforgivable enemy.

Who she was.

She breathed in a lot of oxygen and started to panth even though she was still being restricted by her collar. It was better than the chains.

"How dare you call Chi stupid?!" Ryuu was furious that he even pushed her to a tree's bark- and this tree's bark was all jagged up and pointy. Plus Aka's back was bare due to her wings earlier. It was yet another painful situation for the blood dragonslayer.

"She-- pleaded-- for you." Aka uttered under her breath.

It was a revelation for the fairies as much as it was too Ryuu. All didn't know what she was talking about.

Aka was a little calmer now due to the dragonslayer blood drying up. She then couldn't sense anymore blood, and, after having a whiff of such a powerful smell, it made her less sensitive to the blood of anything else.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Ryuu shook her even more.

"Chi-- pleaded. You don't -- remember?" Aka started to quiet down. It was a moment of silence between them.

A growl erupted.

"How could you forget!?" Aka suddenly turned rabid again and attempted to plunge her fangs in Ryuu's shoulders. Instead, he used the block of Chi's blood as a shield and throw it inside her wide open mouth. Next, he threw her far away that she landed on pointy branches of the fallen tree.