Chapter 33: The Voice in Her Head

Author... 

Ryuu, Brad and Heina were left at the forest with Hibika as the Fairy Tail members ran towards the place they described. They were silent, all four refused to say a word. The silence was only broken when the Raijin Tribe arrived with Koujiro on his stuffed lion. It was Bickslow who was controlling it.

"Koujiro!" Ryuu called out his name out of worry but couldn't move an inch.

"Papa Ryuu," the kid had a very tired voice but it showed a hint of happiness when he got to see his family again. Evergreen jumped off the lion and gave the poor boy to his leader. All the four members were worried about Koujiro and all tried their best to huddle around him. Seeing the sight, the Raijin Tribe felt guilty. 

"I'm happy to see you all." the boy said with lightness in his voice and it made his fellow members' hearts flutter. Koujiro wasn't a kid who showed a lot of emotions but, when he did, everyone knows it's from his heart. He was too young to lie, he was too innocent. All he ever wanted was a family and he thought he had it. 

Everyone in Darc Dracul, Aka and Lady Dracul as well, he believed they were all his family. He didn’t understand when Ryuu explained their second mission, he didn’t understand when they said Aka had to pay, he didn’t understand when they said that Lady was dead. All he understood is that they were bringing back Aka so that Lady Dracul would come back too. He didn’t understand the darkness behind the plan and the others have no plan of making them understand. They didn’t want to make him a killer like them,

“Is Aka back? Is Lady back?” he asked tears falling down his eyes while he had a smile. He was expecting that they’d be back by now even with the Fairies’ disruption.

The four adults around him felt guilty to the bone. If back then they were willing to sacrifice Aka for the sake of a dragon they looked up to, now they were wishing to the gods that Fairy Tail would succeed in saving her.

Koujiro was puzzled because they didn’t answer, “They aren’t?”

“I’m sorry, Koujiro. I’m so sorry.”

Lucy…

It was not too far when we saw the four exceeds standing in front of a cave that – had a crimson crystal wall covering its entrance?! Kuro looked gravely injured even after being healed by Wendy. What could have possibly happen while we were gone?

“Everyone!” Happy shouted upon the sight of us.

Kuro wasted no second as she turned to us with tears in her eyes. She pleaded, begged and shouted, “Save Aka, please!”

We looked pass through the crystal wall and inside was our new guild member, munching her life away by eating the poisonous blood mineral that covered her dragon. It started to melt in her hand causing her whole body to be covered by the crimson. I could also see black smoke emanating from the block she held. Was that the poison? It must be!

Natsu, Gajeel, Gray, Erza, Elfman, Mirajane, Lissana, everyone who was an offensive fighter tried to break the crystal; alone and all together. It was useless; it was layer after layer after layer of crimson wall that regenerated every time after it broke. I even called out as much celestial spirits as I can to see if they could break it too, but they couldn’t. All went back after failed attempt after another. We couldn’t understand how it could fix itself like that again, but it had only hit us that Aka was responsible when every time we broke one, she would stop eating the crystal encasing Chi and turn to us with a glare.

“Why is she doing this?” Charles asked in worry.

“Ryuu pushed her into the highest level of bloodlust so that she would eat the giant crystal off Chi!” answered Natsu.