Epilogue

Lucy...

I stretched while I walked. It was the usual busy morning in Magnolia; people walking to their jobs, to the market to do some grocery shopping, some street performers here and there, and tourists.

I decided to go out in town today, do some shopping with the left over money I had from my share in the mission we did the other day and after paying my rent.

Capturing wild boars. It was a tiring job. A celestial wizard of my skill and beauty shouldn't be rolling in the mud trying to capture a pig for someone's stupid pet collection. But it put bread on the table, not to mention gave me a place to live.

I trotted over the clothing stores - a lot of new arrivals. I bought myself a few tank tops and skirts, also a new pair of heels. I saw one black jumper partnered with a puffy white blouse inside too. I could throw in red doll shoes and I know who it would look good in. I also visited the sweets shop, still the diabetic mouth-drooling stuff that almosts sells themselves with the appearances and smell. There was this one black chocolate cupcake desgined with cat ears and a ribbon and I chuckled at the resemblance - I couldn't eat it even if I tried, I did buy a lot of cookies though, something I could munch on while I wrote my novel . I then went to the park and, just my luck, I saw children playing hide and seek.

Was the world literally toying with me now?

It was three months since Aka joined Darc Dracul again and we slowly tried to fill in the gap she left.

We literally thought that Darc Dracul was breaking the monthly visit policy, but Master Makarov said they visited as agreed, they just had to leave in a hurry because their independent guild responsibilities are not as light and easy as capturing a giant stupid pig. They were wiping out dark guilds.

I only heard about one dark guild going down in that timespan, and I'm not even sure if it was their doing or not. There were a lot of independent guilds out there that could have done the same thing, but I had a feeling it was them. A really strong feeling.

Natsu wanted to wipe out dark guilds too, he said. Master convinced that it wasn't a task wanting. He said it's mostly done by those who wanted to repay their wrong doings. Described Darc Dracul very well, if you ask me.

Were they still called Darc Dracul though? Could they have changed their guild name with maybe something less frightening?

I chuckled to myself. I guess they still needed an intimidating guild name to scare off their enemies.

By the way, they should have stopped by the guild yesterday. Master Makarov looked furious and impatient when we arrived from the quest. Did they not stop by?

"Lucy!" I heard a voice call my name. I snapped out of thinking and I was surprised to see Wendy with Charles in hand approaching my way.

"Hey guys, you took a day off too?" I asked after greeting. They sat beside me on the park bench.

Wendy only gave me a tired laugh, "My body still hurts after wrestling that Wild Boar yesterday."

I grunted remembering how it threw us all over the place when ever we got a chance to get on its back. It was like a rodeo. Just thinking about it made me dizzy.

"You bought a lot of things," Charles commented and I just brought up the bags.

"Oh these? Just somethings I felt like buying. It's been a long time since I shopped."

Wendy nodded, "The last time was when Aka-"

She was cut by the sad fact that she wasn't here with us anymore and was out there fighting to keep Fiore safe. We both sighed. It wasn't really a sad fact, but for us it was.

She was our friend, of course we're worried.

I tried to shake off the gloomy atmosphere and invited the two to my apartment, just have a relaxing cookies and tea party.

We walked back to my place, me on the side of the river and Wendy trailing behind me - at a safer distance from the river compared to mine.

"Be careful, Lucy," warned Charles, "You might slip and fall you know."

I only snorted, "Nah. I walk here all the time. I never slip-"

"Excuse me." "Coming through." "Move out of the way." "Pardon us." "Excuse."

Five hooded people suddenly passed by beside me, as in actually beside me. They were hopping like ninjas and the force between us just caught me falling towards the water.

Everything was in slow motion. Wendy tried to reach out for me, but I could see that she wasn't going to pull me in in time.

Was I actually going to fall in the river for the first time ever since I moved into Magnolia in front of all the people?!

"Those guys, always in a hurry."

I heard a voice, a familiar angelic voice.

A hand was able to grab my wrist and prevent me from plummeting into certain watery embarrassment. I balanced myself on the ledge and this hand pulled me up on safe concrete.

I first took a breather as I tried to make out who was the person who saved me.

A girl wearing a hood too, that was my first glance.

Then I looked closer.

Familiar red eyes.

A black exceed jumped out of her robe and Wendy and Charles were frozen stiff in disbelief, but soon they stayed to look happier.

A smile played on this figure's lips and I couldn't help but smile uncontrollably.

She was back.

"Do you think Master is mad at us for being late, Lucy?"

[END]