Chapter 9: The Dragon

Kuro...

Yawning, I woke up on the right side of the bed, or in this case a branch, welcomed by a magical view. The sun shined down through the hole made by the trees' leaves, birds chase each other in a playful way and the pond below glistens in the day. My view of this place has changed ever since the day we became part of Fairy Tail, back then it was just a view that I will soon forget, but now it's a sign of a great new day.

I jumped out of Aka's arm and popped out my wings then flew beside her. Shaking her softly, I tried to wake her up. It took a lot of attempts. The first and second tries, she only groaned, the third she accompanied it by turning to her side and the fourth was she tried to fan me away. Wow, she's really tired.

"Aka it's already late, time to wake up." I stated putting my paws on my side, but she just groaned once again.

I sighed and wondered what made her so tired. Looking back at the things we did yesterday, it suddenly hit that she was thrown into the air and plunged into water by a giant fish, no wonder she'd be tired.

"Hey Aka, wake up." even after realizing that, I still tried to wake her up.

"Nnnng, C'mon Kuro, just one more hour..." One more hour?! It's great that she finally answered but saying that...

"I'd let you rest more Aka but remember the last time you decided to sleep in?" I was pretaining to the time when Lucy and the others actually saw her naked, they came to the forest because they were worried, and all because we didn't come to the guild early.

Aka's eyes opened just a little and it showed a hint of irritation them she turned to with slightly pink cheeks "Y-you're right Kuro" she stuttered a little "Please do me a favor and tell them that I'd be arriving a little after noon." After noon?! I thought she'd sleep for only one hour more?! That's way more than one hour!

"I can't leave you alone!" I, absent-mindedly shouted back.

"Please Aka, it'll just take a few minutes!" Aka, without even sitting up, clasped her hands together and pleaded. "You can just came back immediately."

I definitely don't like the idea of leaving her alone, but I just can't say no to her.

"Fine." I answered letting my shoulders down in defeat. "But you better not go anywhere!" then I shouted "You should be on this branch when I come back!"

Aka giggled and showed me her rare smiles, saying "I will, I will... get back soon"

She turned around once again and, taking a peek, I could say that she's asleep. That was fast.

I just sighed once again and smiled a few seconds afterwards. Aka can finally relax now.

____________________________________

"Aka and I decided to stop here later after lunch, I just flew by tell you guys" I told Natsu and the others once I arrived the guild. The group is awfully few today, Lucy, Erza and Gray aren't present, I wonder why? And in addition, Gajeel is with them along with Panther Lily.

"Why? Is she worn out from yesterday too?" Wendy asked.

"Too?" I pondered.

"Well Lucy's the same, while Erza and Gray  used it as an excuse to do their own stuff." Natsu answered. Well that explains it.

"Oh I see" I just plainly uttered. "Well anyway, I have to leave now." I then turned around and started walking away.

"Wait little cat." but I was stopped by Gajeel. Not because he called out but because he called me 'little'. I turned around with such an irritated look. Just because we've been accepted in Fairy Tail doesn't mean I've lost my ability to  scratch someone.