Chapter 5: The bridge

Aka...

I dodged constant explosions of smoke bombs, but its poison kept on splatting on my face. I even had to change my mask once it was proven useless; I'm almost out of sleeves.

"Ugh! You're irritating!" he shouted getting his swords from his back and throwing a bomb once more, but it wasn't like his ordinary bombs, when it hit me, it wasn't poisonous but then again, I was surrounded by a dark fog.

Not even my nose could help me right now, for he smelled as stinky as his bombs, I was in a complete disadvantage.

"Behind you!" I immediately turned around, which was a bad move.

He came out right in front of me, with his sword ready to pierce through. I dodged a second earlier, that was too close but I was lucky it happened.

I found an opening; it seems that he wasn't holding his sword properly, giving me the chance to snatch it away. I jumped into the smoke leaving him in the middle.

I couldn't see inside that puff cloud, but I know it was better than being out in the middle.

"Stand still!" another strike went out of nowhere, passing just in the middle of my arm and my waist. I turned around and stabbed the shadow, but it disappeared before the sword could even touch him.

"Tsk. He is really pissing me off right now." I hissed as I could feel my eyes glow.

Maybe I should make this quicker.

-------------------------------

Lucy...

"His name is Vulga, an illegal merchant that uses smoke magic. He can create any type of smoke that can put him in an advantage, other than that; he also has two swords and an acknowledgeable swordsmanship. We captured his accomplices in a mission a few days ago, now it seems that he wants to get revenge." explained Kuro as we hurriedly flew to Aka's aid.

Kuro leaded the way as the three dragonslayers with their exceeds followed her, with Gray, Erza and I hot on their tracks, running.

"He can create poisonous and sleeping smoke, but his greatest weapon is being able to create the darkest one. Using his enhanced eyesight to stab his opponent in the middle of his fog." Kuro continued narrate with a tense voice.

"Oh no. We need to hurry." Wendy was worried.

-------------------------------

Aka...

His eyes observed the fog attentively as I tried to hide from his view, it wasn't easy, but he being too proud of himself would show his weakness. I didn't stop escaping his sight until I thought of something.

“Tsk.” I bit the tip of my thumb “The chances of Kuro and the others getting here are high, so I should finish this quickly. There might be a risk of them finding out, but I’ll take it!” I immediately ran as I saw a shining blade go my way, once again disappearing into the smoke.

I only have three minutes to do this, better make it work.

Author…

Vulga arrogantly swung his sword around the fog, not breaking a sweat. He continued to stab air with a smile until he noticed his target … was already gone. “Oh dear, did I let that Dragon Slayer get away? I could’ve sworn that she was here a while ago, what a coward.” She snorted.

“…… Dragon ROAR!!!”

Behind him, a dark red mist blew him and his fog away, smashing him to the brick wall. There stood Aka, with the stance of a dragon roaring, with glowing slit red eyes and sharp fangs. Going out of her mouth, was a dark red mist as she breathed heavily out of the amount of magic she used up. She finally used her Dragon Slayer magic inside of Magnolia.

“W-what the--?!” Vulga was cut off when he inhaled Aka’s roar “T-this smell… you can’t be—“

“You didn’t know? Didn’t your allies tell you the reason they ran away from me or didn’t you ask them?” she stared at him with cold glaring eyes as she walked closer, and closer until she was right in front of him. She stopped, pointed a finger in the middle of Vulga’s forehead and all suddenly red liquid came out of the pores of her skin, wrapping around that finger and forming into a sharp crimson needle, almost piercing a hole into her opponent’s head. “What a big mistake you did… You’re one of the few who’ll see my power, and I’ll punish you until you couldn’t speak of it! I mean, that’s what I did to your friends…”

Lucy…

“Aka!!!” Kuro went into an alleyway and we followed.

But the scene that greeted us was, Aka… who already defeated the enemy, who was lying on the ground unconscious. Aka’s clothes were tattered and out of sleeves, but she had no scratch on her. Her skin was flawless. Could it be possible that she used her magic? And this is the result?! How amazing is she?!

“Aka! Are you okay?” seems like Kuro was used to that sight, because she just immediately came her way without hesitation.

“Oh, you’re here.” While Aka, she replied with a blank expression, like nothing has happened.

Even though I was curious how all of this happened… I was too happy so I just let it pass. Erza, Wendy and I were able to breathe and relax, while Natsu, Gajeel and Gray bullied the not moving body of what’s his name.

Aka faced us with her usual expression “Um… sorry for the problem… we’d have to postpone the race to tomorrow… so I’ll take my leave now.” But this time, she talked like she was in hurry and she even tried to leave…

*SLAASH!*

But out attentions were caught by a sudden movement, the “we thought unconscious” guy, suddenly stabbed Natsu! He was able to jump, but the jump wasn’t enough to escape the attack, he had such a deep scratch on his arm.

“Oh you’re still moving huh!” Natsu growled. Gray went into his ice mage position and Gajeel forming a metal pillar on his right hand, getting ready to attack. Erza equipped a sword, Wendy got ready to use her roar and I help my whip alongside my keys. Just when I thought Aka had already solved everything.

“Calm down… mages” it was obvious he had a hard time speaking “She already pushed me to the point …. Where I couldn’t speak… so … I’ll be making her the one to speak…” we couldn’t understand his words, it made no sense.

Little did we know, what he did was… the bridge to Aka’s power.

“AKA, NO!”