Chapter 24: The Witch

Author...

"Where's your confidence now, fire dragon slayer?" Hibika shouted as she caught Natsu dodging her attacks. She laughed in a victorious manner. She wasn't running away anymore. That time she was the predator.

Natsu dodged, jumping from one place to another as Hibika was hot in his trail. Every attack the violet-haired girl made was only a centimeter away from hitting the Salamander.

Again, he was attacked and again he dodged, jumping a little too low this time. Hibika followed, hovering on top of him with ease.

"Fire Dragon, ROAR!" Natsu shouted as roaring fire went out of his mouth, an attempt to get Hibika away... and it worked.

She was sent flying, then rolling... in a direction that might disadvantage them. She was sent to the direction of Wendy, Charles, Happy and Kuro. You might think that she was unconcious as she rolled in the dirt like a ball, but as soon as she was closer to her next victims, she sprang into the air and aimed at Sky Dragon Slayer.

She was was frozen in shock.

"Look out!" Luckily, Kuro, Charles and Happy were able to react immediately and push her away with the combined power of their wings.

"Hey you punk girl! I'm your enemy!" shouted Natsu, irritated like usual as if it was still a joke.

"As much as I just consider you all as practice dummies, you are all my enemies so don't push your luck pinky," she then insulted with a face that stated 'You just made a bad move calling me that.'

Natsu was then dumbfounded. Pinky?! he screamed inside, "Out of all the names you can call me, that's the best you can do?!" he then laughed it off like a triamphunt fool.

In an instant, Hibika's vein popped. "Laugh while you still can, you living match!" She pounced at him with her sickles.

Just as Natsu wanted. He waited for her to be in reach so his attack would take damage as much as possible... and when he saw that Hibika was only a half meter away, he smirked.

"Fire Dragon, Dazzling Blaze!"

Hibika was caught in surprise. A series of Fire explosion was sent her way in a distance too near to run away from. All she could do was cover herself with her arms.

A big boom was heard in the forest.

Aka...

An explosion along with birds panicking reached my ears and brought me to wake. It took a long time before my eyes were able to adjust to the dark, but in no time I saw the orange of the fire, burning not too far from me...

It reminded me of Natsu.

"Fairy Tail came to get you, Aka."

My head snapped towards the cave's opening only to find Ryuu looking out and looking up at the sky, probably watching the birds run away in fright.

"W-what?" my voice sounded pitiful. It was like a rusty gate opening or sandpaper on sandpaper. Everytime I spoke brought pain to my throat... but I had to ask.

Was he saying the truth?

Another explosion was made and Ryuu just growled at the sound, squinting his eyes and glaring at the distance.

"R-Ryuu!" I called his named and it came out as a yelp, "A-are they really here?!"

He balled his fist and answered firmly, "Yes, and each of them are currently fighting Heina, Koujiro, Brad and Hibika."