Chapter 34: The Blood, The Tears, The Guilt

Author...

The Fairies were panting for attacking over and over again. It was just an endless wall of crimson. It was futile. Even Kuro couldn't move anymore, she was on her knees with a paw on the wall.

"AARGHH!"

All their heads snapped towards the crystal when they heard Aka's blood curdling shouts- to think that it was loud enough to be heard through layers and layers of wall. It must be horrible.

There she was, halfway through the whole thing. She stopped and clenched her chest as blood dripped from her mouth, nose and eyes. The violet smoke emanated from her mouth indicating the consumed poisonous magic. She was killing herself.

"Aka, please wake up." She breathed out, her tears still running down her cheeks.

Charles, Wendy, Lucy, and the other females too started to tear up. The men were still trying their hardest to hold in the pain.

After everything they've been through, after fighting the strong and the brave, after winning every battle, is this how it will all end? Them watching Aka as she poisoned her way to death?

She doesn't deserve this, not at all. She was a kind person, someone who was just trying to find her place in the world where people cared for her and vice versa. She just wanted to prove to everyone that she wasn't a monster, that she won't hurt anyone, that she'll protect them, that she has a heart too.

This wasn't the way she wanted to go.

Aka...

"Chi, what do you mean?" I couldn't process what she just said. Did she really say that Kuro will lose someone important to her? Did she really say that she was going to lose me?

"Aka, you'll die if you don't wake up now."

I was shaken. I was going to die? How? I was in bloodlust, right? How could I possibly die in bloodlust?!

"Chi, you're aware of what's happening outside, aren't you?" I asked with a shaking voice.

"Yes, and I will tell you if you're ready to hear the truth. Are you ready?"

I gulped. I couldn't answer. What could possibly be happening outside for me to not be ready? For me to actually die? Was I ready to hear it out?

I should be. My life depended on it.

I nodded as a reply.

"Currently, you are trapped inside our cave, eating the blood crystal encasing my corpse. With every bite you poison yourself and take a step closer to death." She explained with a low voice and I couldn't help but shiver.

I was eating her blood, the same blood that I used to kill her in the first place.

This was Ryuu's plan from the beginning; he wanted to make me pay for killing Chi.

Maybe I deserved this. After all I was a cursed child, a monster. I always caused everyone trouble. I ran away from the sisters in the orphanage, I endangered Chi, and I left Darc Dracul without a role model. All those because I just wanted to find a place. How selfish of me.

Kuro will lose me, yes, but is it that bad? She has Fairy Tail now; I know they’ll take care of her. I could just eat my whole life away here and the world would be a better place for everyone.

It was silence a few seconds afterwards, then a heard her sigh. "Oh Aka, I'm sorry." Chi said with a cracking voice as if she was- crying? Chi was crying? “I should have never made you do all those things. Now look at what’s happening to you. I’m so sorry, child. I’m so sorry.”