Chapter 1: The Sound of her Voice

"Hey there, Aka" "Good Morning"

The girl jumped when both Wendy and I greeted her, then she turned around with big surprised eyes.

"Don't scare her like that!" then all suddenly, Aka's friend, Kuro, jumped right in front of us wearing an angry expression, though she managed to stay cute "She doesn't like being surprised." Awww, what a caring friend.

Aka suddenly grabbed Kuro and pulled her into her arms, then her attention was brought to us. She tilted her head, maybe a gesture that asks 'can I help you?'

"Oh.. Um.. We'd like to get to know you... Mind talking with us?" I asked trying my best to keep my nervousness at peace. Somehow talking to someone you don't know makes you a little shy, don't you think?

She looked down at Kuro, and Kuro looked at her. "I'm sorry... but Aka doesn't talk much" and once again, Kuro spoke on her behalf.

"Is she shy?" then asked Wendy.

"I don't think that's the case." Kuro once again looked at her friend with such concern in her eyes then said something that surprised us "She's having a little problem, that's all"

Then Aka just nodded.

Both Wendy and I just looked at each other and I could see that she also felt a little sad that we couldn't have a chat with her.

"So how did it go, Lucy, Wendy?" Gray asked us and we just slumped on the counter. "Judging from the looks on your faces, it didn't went well."

"Kuro said she doesn't talk much because something might be troubling her" I answered as I toyed with the drink in front of me.

"Really? Did they tell you what was troubling her?" then asked Erza.

"Isn't kinda rude to be asking that?" Wendy asked back.

"Honestly, I have to admit that she's making me curious" said Charles. I have to say that I feel the same way.

"Hey Natsu, don't you have anything to say?" Happy's question got our attention all towards Natsu who looks a little bored.

"I jusy want to fight her, that's all"

"What?! You plan on hurting Aka?"

To our surprise Kuro suddenly attacked Natsu out of nowhere! This is like the first time I saw an exceed with claws!

"You brute!" It really shocked us that Natsu was getting beaten up by a flying cat almost one-fourth his size. It was kinda a disappointing and shameful sight. I couldn't help but facepalm and the others just sighed. Kuro is sure one protective friend.

"Get her off me!" Natsu shouted but noone came to his aid. For me, I think a trouble-searching guy like him deserves it.

"K-kuro"

A voice that called out to her was a cracked and dried out voice. Aka stood at the door waiting for her companion. She still had that flat expression on her face as if she doesn't want you to read any of her thoughts. Why was her voice so dry? Is that what wa troubling her?

Finally, Kuro stopped punishing Natsu and she just gave him a glare "Dare to touch a strand of hair on Aka's head, I promise I'll kill you!"

It sent fear to all of us. For a cute looking black cat, she's can be pretty scary. Natsu even gulped on her threat.

"Hmph!" she went flying to her owner as they left the guild house.

"Wow.." Mira was amazed for some reason "You were able to get a word out of Aka-chan" and she was extremely happy about it.