1| Logan

My name is Logan Young and I am about to start my senior year of high school in a brand new town. The past year had been tough and we moved to get a fresh start. After what happened last year my parents could see that staying in town was killing me inside and they decided it would be best for us to move. I was relieved to be away from all the hurt and anger.

I get dressed in a pair of high-waisted straight-legged jeans paired with a simple black crop top and flannel. I look at myself in the mirror for a while making sure everything looks fine. I look around my room as I finish unpacking the last of my things, content with how everything looks I decide to look through a box of old pictures. As I look through them I see him. I see him smiling and laughing with me and my friends and it makes me feel sick. I immediately throw away all pictures that he is in not wanting to see him any longer. I can feel myself beginning to panic. I take a few deep breaths and try to calm myself down. Just as I begin to calm myself down my mom calls me down for breakfast.

"Hey, sweetie. How did you sleep last night? Are you ready to start school today?" she asks cheerfully.

"I slept ok. I'm excited to get a fresh start here." I reply trying to project enthusiasm for her sake.

"That's good. Why don't you get going so you're not late? " She says with a smile. 

"Alright. I love you." 

"Love you too, sweetheart. Have a good day." She yells cheerfully from the kitchen as I walk out the door towards my car.

I drive towards my school growing anxious as it came into view. The school is a two-story school that housed around 2000 students. It is larger than my old school by about 1000 people. I find a parking spot towards the front of the school and head towards the entrance. Once inside I head towards the office to get my schedule. As soon as I walk through the doors of the office I am greeted by a girl my age smiling at me. 

"Hi, I'm Danielle but you can call me Dani. You're Logan right?" I nod as she continues. "I'm going to be giving you a tour of the school and helping you find everything." She says.

 She hands me my schedule and begins walking out of the office. After showing me around we find that we have two classes together including first period. We walk together towards our AP English class as she tells me a bit about herself. I can already tell that we are going to get along very well based off of what she has told me so far. Once we enter the classroom we take a seat towards the middle of the classroom.

"So where are you from?" She asks

"California," I reply

"Really? How did your family end up in Michigan?"

"I needed a fresh start, away from all of the problems in California," I reply vaguely.

"What kind of problems?" She asks curiously.

"It's not something I really like to talk about," I say cautiously. She nods her head and changes the subject which I am thankful for.

"So what do you like fun?"

"Um, I like to draw and paint. I also used to dance." I tell her.

"Really that's so cool. Why did you stop doing dance?"

"I um... it just wasn't something that made me happy anymore," I say vaguely trying to come up with a convincing lie.

The truth is I loved dancing and still do but every time I get back into the studio it's like I'm reliving everything all over again. He might not have had anything to do with my studio or dancing but he affected every part of my life. Hopefully one day I'll be able to escape his hold and get back to the things I love. Before she has a chance to question it a loud yell and several thuds come from the hallway. We both look at each other and get up to see what is happening.

_____________________________________________

I know this chapter/part is short but I hope you enjoyed it. The next few will be short before the story starts to pick up. Also, please give me feedback on how I can grow and improve as an author(in a nice way preferably) XO my lovely readers.

Love, Marie