15| Boy is whipped

I spend the rest of the weekend hulled up in my room. My parents kept trying to talk to me. They could tell that what happened with Brandon had messed with me but I think they want to give me a chance to work through it before making me talk to someone. Relapsing Saturday morning really put me into perspective. I've realized that no matter how much work I put in there will always be setbacks. And as much as they suck I know it's bound to happen. I know that I can't let what happened to me define me but I also can't run from it.

I wake up Monday morning on a mission. I brush my teeth and get dressed into a sweater and skirt really quickly. Then I pack my school bag and dance bag and head out the door quickly. I drive to school and park in my usual spot and wait for the girls to show up. After about five minutes they all arrive.

"Hey Logan, how are you doing?" Summer asks.

"I'm fine. But I need your guys' help with something. I know I could have texted you about it but I thought it would be easier to explain it in person." I rush out.

"Alright, slow down and explain," Dani says.

"Right, sorry. Anyway, I want to do something big for my solo for the showcase. But I'm gonna need a couple of extra hands," They all nod as I explain exactly what I want to do. "So I'm going to talk to Mrs. Simon about changing my song and dance. I already know she is going to say yes because I emailed her yesterday. But I need your help to make a backdrop and video overlay for it."

"We'll do it. Obviously," Taylor says. I smile and we all walk into the school together. Some people in the halls give me looks but for the most part, people mind their own business. Once I make it to my locker I put in the combination and open it. When I open it a few notes fall out. I open them each one by one.

"What you did Friday was so brave. -Anonymous"

"I'm so proud of you. -C"

"You're a snotty bitch. Now I see why you wouldn't sleep with me that night." 

That last one was clearly from Jack. I tear it up and throw it away. I keep the other two and put them in my pocket. I have a smile on my face when I walk into English and sit next to Dani.

"What are you smiling about?"

"These," I reply showing her the notes.

"C? As in Christian?"

"I think so,"

"He totally likes you," She says nudging my arm. I just roll my eyes and shake my head.

Classes go by relatively quickly until it's lunchtime. I walk with the girls to the cafeteria and we take our seats at our normal table. The boys are all at the table eating already. 

"Before you sit down I need to talk to you," Christian says looking at me. I nod and we walk out of the cafeteria and towards a quiet hallway. "How are you  doing with everything?"

"Not great, it's been a rough weekend but I'll make it through. I even have an idea of something that will help me move on,"

"That's good." He says and then just looks at me for a while.

"What?"

"Can I come over tonight? I don't want you being along for a while."

"I won't be alone my parents will be home,"

"That doesn't count. Plus given what happened three days ago I think you could use a friend,"

"I'll be fine seriously,"

"Stop being so stubborn and let em help you,"

"Ok, you can come over tonight," He smiles and nods. He grabs my hand and starts to walk back to the cafeteria. When we get back to the table everyone turns to look at us. "What?"

"Nothing," Dani says smirking. I raise my eyebrows at her but let it go. We all finish our lunches and the bell rings. We say goodbye to the guys and walk towards our lockers.

"Boy is whipped," Taylor says smirking.

"What?"

"Don't what me,"

"I don't know what you're talking about. He was just checking on me."

"Alright," Summer replies.

I walk into the art room shaking my head. I take my seat next to Connor and start sketching in my sketchbook until Ms. Cameron comes in.

"Alright everyone, today we will be working on the sets and other things for the dance showcase next week. You all know what you need to work on so just continue where you left off last week. I get up and walk towards Ms. Cameron.

"Ms. Cameron, I need to talk to you about my backdrop, can we go out into the hall?"

"Sure, do you have all of the materials needed to complete it?" She asks as we make our way out to the hall.

"Actually, I have to change the concept,"

"What why?" She asks.

"Last weekend brought events from before I moved here back and I need a way to work through it I guess. So I'm changing my dance and concept to fit that. Also just a warning it could be a little controversial,"

"Alright, I trust you to make the right call, if you think this is the right call then do it. Also if you want to talk about what happened after school on Friday I am always here," She says. I nod and we reenter the classroom and I get to work immediately.

"How's your concept for your dance going?" Connor asks.

"It's going. I'm restarting the whole thing,"

"Seriously? But it's only a week away,"

"I know but I can get it done in time," I reply with a smile. He smiles shaking his head before getting back to his work.

The bell rings and I gather my stuff to head to physics. I meet Dani at our seats. She has a really concerned look on her face.

"What's going on?" I ask her.

"Have you seen this?" She asks holding her phone out to me. I grab it and watch the video she's showing me. It's a video of my confrontation with Brandon on Friday.

"When was this posted?"

"Not long ago, I'm honestly surprised no one posted it sooner," Dani says. Just as she says that Christian walks in looking angry.

"Did you see the video," He asks me. I nod. "When I find out who did it I swear..."

"Christian calm down. It's fine. It was bound to happen. Plus it gives me material for my dance."

"What do you mean material?"

"I'll explain tonight ok?" He nods and goes to sit at his desk.

"Like I said boy is whipped."

"What do you mean,"

"You literally talked him down from a manhunt in like two seconds," I just shake my head and get out my work.

____________________________________________

Shout out to @EniOla090372 for the support on my past chapters. Thank you for the support.

Sometimes you have to kick peoples' asses, or in this case not kick peoples' asses. Logan just let him jump some people. XO my lovely readers.

Love, Marie