6| Leave some talent for the rest of us

"Alright, my name is Mrs. Simon and for the first semester of this class our focus will be ballet and contemporary dancing which based on the demonstration, some of you are already familiar with." I blush a little at the sudden attention as everyone turns to look at me once again. "As I know all of you have dance experience we will start working tomorrow so I would like you all to bring proper attire for a ballet class tomorrow. Ladies if you can I want you to bring pointe shoes as well as your regular ballet shoes." We all nod as she finishes. She gives us the rest of class to either talk or dance if we want.

"I didn't know you could dance," Summer says excitedly.

"Well, I wasn't planning on dancing here. I was trying to put that part of my life behind me when I moved here, " She looks at me shocked.

"What? Why would you ever want to put that behind you? You are so talented it would be a shame to let that go to waste."

"Thank you, it's just dance is kind of associated with a bad time in my life and I'm trying to keep everything that happened in the past." Summer nods. It's weird that I am being so open with her about this, I didn't think that I would let anyone on to the fact that I have a rough past but here we are.

"I get that. I'm glad you didn't quit though it would suck not having you as one of our dancers." She says with a smile, I smile too. 

The bell rings and we head to our lockers. Turns out our lockers are pretty close to each other's so we just walk together. After we get our stuff Summer insists I go with her to meet Taylor and Dani. We walk outside to the front of the school and find Taylor and Dani waiting for us by the water fountain. 

"Hey Logan, how was dance class," Dani asks concerned. Before I can speak Summer does.

"She is awesome. She is by far the best dancer we have."

"Seriously? You're smart, you can draw, and you can dance. Leave some talent for the rest of us," Dani says dramatically. I laugh at her response and then answer her question.

"Dance was actually pretty good. I was worried that it would be horrible but I think it was what I needed to get my mind off of everything." I say. 

I can tell that they want to ask what I needed to get my mind off of but thankfully none of them did. 

"Hey, do you want to hang out with us? We're going to go get food." Taylor says excitedly. I smile and nod. I then text my mom and tell her that I will be a little later than expected because I am getting food. They all look excited. 

We decide to each take our cars except for Taylor who doesn't have a car so she rides with me so she can give me directions. When we pull into the parking lot of the restaurant we get out and wait for Dani and Summer to park. Once they get out of their cars we walk into the restaurant and find a booth to sit at. I look at the menu for a little bit before the waiter comes and asks us what we want. I let the others order first before I settle on a burger, fries, and a milkshake. The waiter takes our menus and leaves to put in our orders.

"So Logan we don't know anything about you so I'm gonna quiz you on random things ok?" Taylor says.

"Sure why not." I laugh 

"Ok.." She rubs her chin like she is deep in thought. "When is your birthday?"

"September 2nd." 

"Really? That's like in two weeks." I nod. "Ok next question, how tall are you?"

"5'7""

"Ok not bad. Hmm... do you have any siblings?"

"Yes, an older brother, he's in the military."

"Favourite color?"

"Blue or green."

"Green makes sense since it complements your red hair." Dani comments.

"True," Taylor says. "Do you have any pets?"

"No."

"Oh bummer, I love animals." Summer comments. After she says this the waiter walks over with our food. We all got burgers and fries while only me and Summer got milkshakes.

"Lucky you can drink milkshakes, I'm lactose intolerant." Taylor whines. We all laugh at the way she says it. We all dig into our food and talk a little. After everyone finishes their food we get up to leave. Summer drives Taylor home so I don't have to struggle around town more than I need to. I say goodbye to the girls and head home. 

When I pull into the driveway I can see my parents in the kitchen cooking together. They look so adorable laughing together. I stand in the driveway just watching them for a minute before walking in. As soon as I open the door I hear both of my parents walk into the living room to greet me. 

"Hi sweetheart how was school?" My mom asks cheerfully.

"It was good, I made new friends. And I danced again." My parents both look surprised and excited. They never wanted me to quit dance because they knew how much I love it but it was what I needed in the moment.

"That's wonderful honey, I'm so glad that you are dancing again. I know how happy it makes you." My dad says. I smile at my parents and go put my bag in my room. After setting my bag down I decide to call Meg.

"Logan?! Oh my god, it's been too long since I've talked to you." She practically yells in my ear.

"I literally called you last night before I went to bed." I laugh

"Exactly it's been so long. Anyways how was your first day of school?" She asks

"It was actually very good." I smile thinking about how well the day went. "I made new friends, I think you would like them. I drew you in art class, it's not done yet but I'll send you a pic when I finish it. Also, I danced for the first time in months today." I hear her gasp and what sounds like jump around her room.

"Seriously? I'm so happy for you, even though I miss you at the studio all the time. I can't wait to actually be able to see you. I don't even know when that will be but I will make it happen. It might take me a few months but I'll do it." I laugh because knowing her she will bug her parents until they let her visit. I probably won't be able to see her until Christmas which makes me sad to think about.

"I can't wait to see you either. I gotta go for dinner but I'll talk to you soon ok?"

"I'm gonna hold you to that. And if you don't call me I will hunt you down." I laugh at her response and say goodbye. I walk out to the kitchen where my parents were finishing up dinner.

"What took you so long?" My dad teases

"I was talking to Meg, duh." I tease back. My mom just laughs at us and shakes her head taking the food over to the table. My parents made fish and pasta which is basically their signature dish. My dad makes the fish since he is a chef and he can cook fish perfectly. My mom makes the pasta since it is simpler and she isn't the best in the kitchen. Watching her try to cook is hilarious sometimes. If she didn't have my dad I think she would starve to death. After setting the table we all sit down.

"Alright, let's dig in." My dad says. We all take turns grabbing fish and pasta and began to eat. As soon as the fish entered my mouth I was wowed by the flavor. My dad's food was always good but tonight it was amazing.

"Dad I think this is the best fish yet."

"I agree hun, I don't know how you do it." My mom replies. My dad just smiles at our compliments. We finish eating and clear off the table. I wash the dishes since my parents cooked then I go to my room to relax. I lay down in my bed for a while before getting up and taking a shower. After taking my shower I lay back down in my bed and relax until it's time to go to bed.

_______________________________________________________

I've finally given you guys a long chapter. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for sticking through the short chapters. XO my lovely readers.

Love, Marie