20| Please Hurry

"Hello?" 

"..."

"Logan? Is everything ok?"

"I need you," I whisper.

"Logan?" 

"Please,"

"Logan, what happened?"

"I'm at the mall, in a room down the dark hallway next to the Hot Topic,"

"I'm on my way,"

"Please hurry," I whisper.

____________________________________________

The door swings open quickly as Christian looks around the room frantically. When he sees me slouched against the wall he looks relieved until he gets a good look at me. He walks over to me and crouches in front of me. He reaches out to touch me but I flinch away slightly.

"Logan, what happened?"

"I-I..." He looks at me with eyes full of worry as he waits for me to speak.

"Did someone do this?" I nod, fresh tears falling down my face. "Was it Brandon?" I shake my head. "Who did this?"

"Jack," I watch Christian as he tries to figure out what exactly Jack did. I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of what happened but I know he will ask anyway.

"What did he do?" I inhale sharply.

"You know what," I say quietly.

"No, no it can't," Christian mutters shaking his head. "No, this isn't happening."

"You know," I say again, not wanting to have to say it.

"He raped you," I nod and look into his eyes. They are filled with so much sadness and pain, but they were also filled with anger. "That son of a bitch, I'm going to fucking kill him,"

"Let's not worry about him right now, I just want to go home," He nods and offers me a hand to stand up. I take it but as soon as I stand up my legs give out and Christian has to catch me so I don't fall. 

"Let me carry you,"

"Ok," He scoops me up and carried me bridal style. I wrap my arms securely around his neck and rest my head on his shoulders. He opens the door and walks into the busy mall. He weaves in and out of the crowd before exiting the building. He walks to the car and opens the passenger door. I am carefully placed in the seat. After shutting the door he makes his way around the car and into the driver's seat quickly.

He backs out of the parking lot wordlessly and begins the drive to my house. We are both silent the whole ride home. Christian stole as many glances as he could while watching the road. I can tell he's really worried. I've never seen him like this and it was hard to watch him stare at me with such worry. When he pulls into my driveway I am hit with the sudden realization that I'm gonna have to explain this to my parents.

"What am I gonna tell my parents? This is gonna break them," I say looking down at my hands.

"Hey, look at me," He says. I look up into his eyes as he continues. "I can tell them what happened if you want meanwhile the only thing you should worry about is how you are doing, ok?" I nod. "Alright, let's go."

We open our doors and get out of the car. My legs still feel wobbly but I manage to stay standing. I start walking away from the car but my legs give out causing me to collapse. Christian catches me seconds before I hit the concrete of my driveway. I grip onto him for dear life trying to stay upright.

"I'm going to carry you in ok?" I nod as he picks me up like he did at the mall. I can feel the anxiety and dread collect in the pit of my stomach as we make our way closer to the house. I don't know how I'll survive this. I barely made it out alive last time. I don't know if it's possible for me to move on from this. It feels like everything that I've been working towards has just been shoved aside and replaced with a new and darker reality.

Christian makes it to the front door and twists the handle. When he enters the house I hear my parents talking in the living room.

"Logan honey is that you?" My mom calls out. I open my mouth to respond but nothing comes out. I turn my head and look at Christian. He clearly doesn't know what to do or say so we just stand in the doorway silently. After a long silence, my mom comes into the room to investigate.

"Oh my god, what happened?" My mom asks taking in my disheveled state as Christian holds me. Her eyes look over me looking for any clues as to what happened. Her eyes settle on my wrists which are marked from the tight zip-ties. "Logan?"

"What's going on?" My dad asks walking towards the door. He stops walking as soon as he sees me. "No... No, this can't be happening?" He mutters shaking his head. He knew. He just knew. As soon as he saw me he knew. I swallow hard and turn back to Christian. I stare into his eyes, silently pleading for him to take me to my room. He seems to understand and starts to walk towards my room, my parents walking silently behind me.

"What happened?" My mom asks again once Christian sets me down on my bed. 

"Mom please," I plead. 

"Sweetie I need to know,"

"Jack," My parents look at me, his name not registering. "From the party, the one who left the handprints on my wrists."

"I think it's best not to press her for information," Christian says softly.

"No, I need to tell them, I can't keep it inside or it will eat away at me," I say looking Christian in the eye. He nods and starts to leave the room. "Where are you going?"

"To give you privacy," 

"No, stay. Please," He nods and comes to sit on the bed next to me. I inhale a deep and shaky breath before speaking. "Jack... I was walking around the food court looking for something to eat when I saw Jack across the food court. We made eye contact and I tried to duck into a store without him seeing me but he did. He saw me and took the opportunity to catch me off guard."

"He grabbed me and pulled me down a dark hallway next to the store." My voice starts to waver as I recount the story to them. "I tried fighting him off but I couldn't get loose. He said that he wanted to pick up where we left off at the party. He grabbed zip-ties out of his pocket and fastened them as tightly as he could manage around my wrists. It was like he knew he would find me there like he was prepared to trap me." I shudder at the thought.

"He shoved me into a room at the end of the hall and then slammed me onto a table. He kept touching me and eventually made his way to my shorts. I tried screaming for help but when I did he got angry and started choking me. I thought that I was going to pass out from how tightly he was squeezing my neck. I stopped trying to fight as much and he continued."

"When he was done he just left, I called Christian and he came and got me." I finish.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault mom,"

"I know,"

"I need to go to the police station, I need to report it." My parents nod and begin to stand. "Can you grab me a change of clothes for when they take mine?" I ask my mom. She nods and heads to my closet. Christian stands and leans down to pick me up. Once I'm in his arms he carries me back out to the car and sets me down in the passenger seat. He talks to my parents briefly before getting in the car. He puts the key in the ignition and starts to back out.

__________________________________________________________

I think even with her track record with the police it is smart of her to go to the police. Even if nothing happens she knows she tried her best. Also, her parents, I can't, they are just so kind and care about her so much. Can't relate. Daddy issues or whatever. Enough about me though, I really hope you guys like this chapter and hope you like the upcoming ones. XO my lovely readers.

Love, Marie