7| On the wall

I wake up to my alarm blaring loudly. I smack the off button a lot harder than I meant to making it fall off of my nightstand. I get up out of bed super slowly and walk towards the bathroom. I turn on the light and squint for a couple of seconds before my eyes adjust. I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth and then I brush my hair. After brushing my hair I put on a little bit of mascara and call it good. If it wasn't so early I might do more makeup but I'm too lazy to do that this early in the morning. I walk out of the bathroom towards my closet to pick my outfit. I put on a black floral midi skirt with a nirvana t-shirt and some converse. I pack my school bag and my dance bag and head downstairs for breakfast. I walk into the pantry and grab a protein bar to put in my dance bag then I have a bowl of cereal.

"Bye, mom I'm leaving for school," I yell as I shut the door.

"Bye honey, love you" 

I open my car door and put my bags in the passenger seat before getting in and starting the car. I turn the radio on and start driving towards the school. When I pull into the parking lot I park in the same space as the first day of school. I stop the car,  grab my things, and head towards the entrance. I walk to my locker and put my bags away grabbing what I need for class. When I shut my locker I'm surprised to see the guy I saved from getting beat up a couple of days ago.

"Hi my name is Jack"

"Oh hi, I didn't know you were there," I say awkwardly.

"It's ok, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for standing up for me the other day."

"It was no problem," I reply

"Well thank you anyway." I just nod and walk away. Something about him and what he said to me felt off but I can't pinpoint what felt wrong. My mind is running over our short conversation when I run into someone.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I quickly apologize. I look up to see Christian. He looks slightly annoyed when he realizes it is me. 

"It's fine just pay attention to where you are going next time." He says somewhat angrily. He then walks away and I make my way to English class. I walk into the classroom and take my seat next to Dani. Over the past couple of days, she and I had become very close, I am pretty close with Summer and Taylor too but me and Dani are the closest. She says hi and we start talking.

"So there's this party tonight at Ryan's house and I think we should go," Dani says. My mind instantly goes into panic mode, parties never turned out well for me. But I think I should give it a chance.

"Sure I guess I'll go. Also Ryan? Like Christian's friend?" I ask

"Yeah."

"Ok sounds good, do you wanna just get ready together and then stay the night together," I ask

"Yeah so come over to my house after school. You can get stuff from your house then come over." I nod in agreement then text my mom to ask if I can stay the night at Dani's. She agrees and then tells me to tell her when I'm coming home Saturday. I tell Dani that she agreed and she gets really excited. We go over our plans a little more until the bell rings. Our teacher hands out a worksheet for us to do for the whole hour and then just sits down and reads. I start working on my worksheet seeing that it is really easy, me and Dani finish our worksheets in like fifteen minutes and spend the rest of the time talking. The bell rings and we both get up and head out of the classroom. We say goodbye and head to our separate classes. 

I take my seat next to Christian with a sigh. He looks at me with an eyebrow raised and I look right at him and raise an eyebrow back before turning to look at the teacher. She starts to teach her lesson for the day and I begin to take notes. After about thirty minutes of note-taking, she stops lecturing and passes out a worksheet to complete with the person next to you. I sigh and turn to Christian who looks just as annoyed as me.