9| Christian

Christian

"That's what you meant about him deserving worse." She says understanding what I've just told her. I nod. I let her process it for a second before talking again.

"Are you alright?" I ask. She nods and inhales a shaky breath.

"Yeah, it's nothing I can't handle," I narrow my eyes at her response. It was a very unusual response given what just happened.

"What do you mean?" I ask, studying her face.

"Nothing," I look at her and give her the I know you're lying look. "Thank you for stopping him,"

"Anyone would have," I shrug.

"I didn't think I was gonna get away from Brandon," She says but quickly covers her mouth. Who's Brandon?

"Who's Brandon?" I ask

"No one," She responds quickly. I look at her skeptically but let it go.

"Nevermind, are you going to be ok? Do you want to tell someone?"

"No, we're not telling anyone, not after last time," She says quickly

"Last time?"

"Shit. Forget I said anything," She mutters quietly and starts to walk towards the door.

"Wait, what do you mean last time?" I ask her. 

"What do you think." She says staring into my eyes for a moment and then walks out of the room. I sit there for a couple of minutes thinking about what she said. Finally, I get up and walk downstairs. I look around the room for Ryan and when I spot him I start walking towards him.

"I need your help," I say urgently. He takes one look at my face and can tell something is off.

"Sure, what's going on?" He asks

"It's Jack," This makes him tense up. He knows what happened with my sister Ruby so he knows that it has to be something bad. 

"Did something happen again?" I nod. "Ruby?"

"No, Logan,"

"The new girl?" I nod again.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone else. I don't think she wants anyone knowing and she told me something that I don't think she wanted me to know," He nod once I finish talking.

"I won't tell anyone. Don't worry."

"Ok, so I was walking towards the bathroom to get away from the crowded room." He nods for me to continue. "When I made it to the end of the hall I saw him with Logan pinned against the wall and he was kissing her and feeling her up," I say. He looks angry and disgusted and I haven't even finished. "I walked up to them and I yanked him off of her and punched him like six times before he passed out. She was a mess and when I checked on her she already had bruises forming on her wrists from how tightly he was holding her. After she calmed down a little we went upstairs and I told her about Ruby and she let it slip that this isn't the first time something like this has happened to her." When I finish he looks shocked.

"She really told you that?"

"Yeah I could tell she didn't mean to but that is definitely what she said." 

"Is she still here?" I nod and point to her walking towards her friends. She's hugging herself and I can tell she feels unsafe. "Ok, we need to make sure Jack is gone," I nod in agreement. We both start walking around the house when we find him.

"What are you still doing here?" I yell at him. His nose is really bloody and he already has a black eye forming. He looks at me and I can see the fear in his eyes. He stands up and begins walking towards the door.

"I don't ever wanna see you again in or near my house, you understand?" Ryan practically yells at him. Jack nods and quickly walks out the door and down the street. I look around the room and see Logan with her friends leaving. She looks over at me and holds eye contact until she makes it to the door. She mouths a "thank you" and walks out the door. Once she is gone I decide that I'm gonna go home and say goodbye to Ryan. I drive home and park in the driveway. I walk the stairs to Ruby's room and knock on the door. When she opens it I give her a big hug.

"What was that for?" She asks

"Nothing, tonight just brought up some bad things and I want you to know that I love you ok?" She smiles and nods.

"You saw him tonight didn't you?" She asks and this time it is my turn to nod. "What happened?"

"He tried raping another girl tonight but I was able to stop him before he got the chance to," I reply. Her face is a mix of sadness and anger.

"I can't believe he would try that again after you beat him up."

"Well, I didn't get to fully beat him up because she stopped me not knowing what it was about. I think that's why he went after her because she helped him and he took that as her liking him or something even though she was just being nice." I say. Ruby nods knowing I'm probably right.

"I'm glad you were there to stop him," She says with a sad smile.

"Me too,"

______________________________________________________

We met Ruby!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Also, I love how understanding Ryan is about this whole situation. (ignore the fact that I created him and can choose how he acts) What does Logan mean not after last time? What happened? I know Christian figured out with context clues but there is so much more to it than he could ever know. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. XO my lovely readers.

Love, Marie