Episode 13

Lucas' POV

"..." I sighed once Reiji had removed the injection and transferred the blood into a vial. "How long have you been awake?" Reiji asked and I hummed as he placed a plaster over the spot he took blood from.

"I was never asleep. Just closed my eyes for a bit because hibiscus is exhausting." I sighed as I rubbed a hand over the plaster. "So the drug never worked." Reiji muttered and I chuckled.

"Oh the drug worked. Just not too well, on me." He narrowed his eyes at me and I smirked at the annoyed glint in his eyes. "Darling-kun is full of surprises." Laito said chuckling and I shrugged.

"There's a lot more, just not showing them yet." He hummed at my words. "How is it the drug didn't affect you?" Reiji asked and I leaned on Shu who grunted at my weight.

"Once you've been fed poison too much, little drugs like that don't really do anything to me." They all seemed confused by my words and I smiled. "I used to be a lab rat, for short."

"What?" They all asked in chorus and I smiled. "Reiji, you've been skeptical about me since the arrival. Why is that?" I asked turning to him and he narrowed his eyes.

"Because never have I ever met a mortal who acts so calm meeting vampires. The usual reaction would be the same as that woman but if you are like one of those humans that pretend to be calm, at least your heart rate should have picked up." He explained and I smiled.

"I may have forgotten to make my heart rate pick up out of panic when she bled." They all raised an eyebrow at me and I chuckled.

"During my time as a lab rat, I was mostly tested for poison and well, manipulation." I said shrugging. "Manipulation?"

"As the name states itself. How well am I at manipulating my own heart rate and all those. Instances, I could pretend to be dead and everyone would believe I am."

"How is that even possible for humans?" I snickered at Reiji's words. "Do you really believe the people of the Hiiragizawa clan are normal? More or less humans?" His eyes snapped at my direction.

I felt Shu's hand on my shoulder and I hummed as they stay there. "Most of the people in the Hiiragizawa aren't humans. There are a few vampires there too." I explained.

"Does that apply to you as well Darling-kun?" Laito asked and I shrugged. "Who knows? I haven't really been the same ever since I've been experimented on." Laito hummed.

"You actually met someone from the clan, haven't you Laito?" He looked up at me and nodded with a sigh. "That person didn't seem like a vampire, so what was he Darling-kun?" He asked.

"Based on the scent from you, Darjeeling and maple, I'm guessing Yuukiteru-san came to you." Shu hummed at me. "Yuukiteru? That annoying cousin you mentioned?" I rose an eyebrow.

"I don't recall mentioning him." "You actually did that one time." I rose an eyebrow and he sighed as he leaned near my ear and whispered. "You briefly mentioned him that one time."

"When?" I asked and he groaned as he reached a hand over and touched a spot on my neck. "When I left this."

I furrowed my eyebrows but then Laito whistled and I turned to him. "That's a nasty mark you got there Darling-kun~ Fufu~"