Episode 22

[A/N I have a lot of time in my hands right now. So enjoy this second update.]

Cordelia's POV

"Truly, those boys have yet to properly understand who they are up against." Richter muttered and I chuckled at his words. "That's right. I knew you would understand me Richter." He smiled in response to my word.

"What do we have here?" I glanced at the side and smirked at the sight of Reiji. "I heard that our uncle had a visitor." He narrowed his eyes at me. "But I never imagined that visitor would be you."

'Such sarcasm, truly his mother's son alright.'

"It's been a while Reiji." He stared in response making me sigh. "If only you weren't so stiff, you would look jus like Karl back when we first met." His eyes narrowed at my words. "Please do not needlessly invoke my father's name. I find it seriously offensive."

'Still harboring such hatred for your parents, I see.'

"Don't be so standoffish and come closer."

"It is apparent that scheming comes as naturally as breathing to you." He now stood before me and Richter with that stoic expression of his.

'For a child that hates his mother, he sure resembles her a lot. Even her eldest.'

"Reiji, dear, must I really explain all this? I want to stay vibrant as long as I live." Slowly placing the champagne glass on the table beside me. "I'll tell you what I despise the most."

"Boredom. Boredom is the most painful thing immortals like ourselves can endure. Wouldn't you agree."

His expression remaind impassive as he spoke. "Yes, you have a point." I smirked at this. "However, boredom doesn't suit you. Death suits you better."

'Infuriating brat.'

"I will take that as a compliment." 

Motioning my hand towards the seat that Richter moved away from, I asked "Won't you come and sit closer. I would like to chat with you face-to-face." He simply stared in response making me chuckle.

"Oh my, what's this? Are you being defensive?" I chuckled as I leaned on the arm of the chair. "In respect to that, you are exactly like Beatrix. You supress your emotions and try to hide how you feel. Because of that, she ultimately met a useless, pathetic end."

He grimaced and I knew I touched a nerve.

'So easy to taunt, just like Beatrix.'

"Oh ,my! Did I touch a nerve?" Feigning compassion, I narrowed my eyes at him and continued to taunt him. He seems like a wonderful person to tease afterall. 

"Beatrix didn't seem to love you as much as she loved Shu, her eldest son, so I assumed that you wouldn't mind if I slandered her." He remained silent before speaking.

"I see. So that's how you turned my father and his brother, my uncle, on one another."

"Pfft. Are you saying I tore them apart? Please, you make it sound like I'm the root of all evil." He remained silent and I smirked. "But you could be right. I may be the reason why Karl and Richter's once-friendly relationship deteriorated." 

He scoffed. "Their bond couldn't possibly that strong if it could be ruined by a woman like you." I could see Richter narrow his eyes at his nephew all the while I felt amused by the fact he noticed all this.

Chuckling, I shook my head. "You are remarkably observant for a son of Beatrix." Standing up from my seat, I appraoched him. "I like you even more."