Episode 17

A/N

Exams have finally ended. And now I have deadlines to catch up to T ~ T

I'll update as soon as I can.

A little heads up, I suck at writing drama. I can picture it happening and all but I find it difficult to write it. So the little drama here is pretty much shitty.

Enjoy the chapter.

Yui's POV

"Did you really think he cared?" Reiji-san asked as he pulled my wounded hand towards him.

"Eh?" He closed his eyes as he lucked the blood off my hand, making me flinch. "That man. Your so-called guardian." He opened his eyes and smirked.

"Did you really think that man cared for you?" I wanted to respond but all that left my mouth was a cough.

'What did he put in that tea?!'

"Hmm let me rephrase my words since there is some bit of truthful response to my question." He said as he sat up. 

"Did you really think that man genuinely cared for you? Or did you never know that he doesn't actually care for you if you get hurt or are bitten by me or my brothers?" My eyes widened at his words.

'That's not true. Lucas-san wouldn't-'

"Tell me. Has there ever been a time he actually came to your aid whenever you got bit?" He then narrowed his eyes.

"The situation about Ayato and that deadbeat does not count given he was only there due to Laito's offer to fool around."

'Lucas-san couldn't be that heartless. He's my guardian! Father said someone would be with me to watch over me! He-'

Memories flashed through my eyes. Every time I was bit, I would see Lucas-san nearby but he never came to help.

'But he wasn't close enough to see that I wa-'

"That man was always close by but he never really made any movement to help, now did he?"

I was confused and conflicted. What would Reiji-san know? Lucas-san was my guardian and yet-

Eh?

I... don't know anything about Lucas-san.

"Did you know? He's only your guardian because he agreed to it since your father begged for someone to be your guardian."

"Th-that's not ....t-true."

"Oh? How would you know? You were only sent here with the knowledge of having a guardian. You know nothing about your guardian at all. Unlike us."

"If anything, that deadbeat is the only one who truly knows him more than anyone here." He added with a glare.

Lucas' POV