Episode 16

Yui's POV

They look so gloomy...

I sighed as I stared at the bushes of roses. I've seen roses before and they were really beautiful. The sight of red roses were usual for me since the mansion a few blocks from the church loved to grow them. The owner would sometimes catch me staring at the patch and would offer me one that they've already trimmed off.

Come to think of it, I wonder how that person is now?

Trimming a single stem off, I stared at the flower for a little more before a memory not too long ago resurfaced.

"You were offered up to us as a sacrifice...by the very church you had faith in."

His words hit me hard because everything that has happened now reaches to that conclusion. My arrival, the diary, that picture, and the fact I cannot contact father no matter what.

But

"Are you Seiji Komori's daughter?"

"I am, are you my guardian? Father said that someone volunteered to become one but I didn't really expect it."

"I'm Yui Komori, I'll be in your care uh..."

"Lucas. My name is Lucas Hiiragizawa. Nice to meet you Miss Komori."

Lucas-san...

"Yui-san." I flinched in surpise as I turned and saw Kanato staring down at me. "Kanato-kun." His eyes narrowed at me and I felt chills at how cold they were. "I would like you to pick up those roses and follow me."

"Huh?" He glared at me making me gulp in fear. "I don't like to be kept waiting."

Uhh... why do I always get into this kind of situations?

**

With a boquet of roses in my hands, I mindlessly followed Kanato as he led the way to... wherever it is we're going. The walk was deadly silent and had me feeling tense as we trudged along the path.

I wonder... where are we going?

I slowly noticed the tombstones and knew where we are but still wondered why here.

As I turned to Kanato, ready to ask him why we were here, he began talking. "Graves ar so deeply dark and full of smell of death."

"I think they're great, don't you?" His question gave off a chilling feeling down my spine and I nervously stared at the back of his head.  "I love graves. They're so cold, quiet, and indifferent to terror."

He then looked down at the tomb he stood in front and said, "My mother lies here." I glanced at the tomb before glancing at him. "Your mother... passed away?"

I was reluctant to ask since it could be something he didn't like talking about and I fear that he would get mad. I wouldn't want to have ended with him like last time. He seemed like a difficult person to please and I wouldn't know if he's in a good mood or bad mood.

Either way, both would end up badly for me.

"I killed her."

Eh?

"E-eh?" My eyes widened at his words as my blood ran cold at how he casually said it like it was a normal thing to do.

"Would you believe me?" He turned to me with a small smile as he hugged his teddy to his chest. "Although your opinion hardly matters. Right, Teddy?"