Episode 21

Blood red eyes studied his every movement as he mixed liquids and powder in different test tubes. He felt like he was being hunted and he hated it. Him, a vampire, a creature far superior to any mortal, was being hunted by a mortal. 

That thought alone annoyed the second eldest as he glanced at the man who sat, crossed-legged, on his couch while elegantly sipping the tea had offered. At a glance, one would think he was any mortal with a heavy title known to many.

But what Reiji sees is different.

This man is but a mortal who is currently in the control of an unknown entity. An acquiantance of their father, as he was told. And after the introductions, this man also seems to be the triplet's uncle.

"I find it truly pitiful." Reiji hummed in confusion as he turned away and went back to mixing his concoctions. He could feel those eyes on him but ignored it. "The fact you are all but pawns in this little game of his." 

Reiji's hand stilled from pouring the powder into the beaker with purple liquid. "I have no idea what you are reffering to." The male huffed with a smirk as he placed the cup down on the table and leaned on the chair. "Oh please, everything that happened was all but a part of his plan." 

Reiji ignored his words as he continued on with his work, often glancing at the notes beside him to check for measurements.

Seeing as the other chose to ignore him, he smirked in thought at the possible reaction he would gain from the other once he said what he was thinking. "And when I say everything, I am also referring to their deaths."

Reiji froze making the other's smirk curve into a sly smile as he sighed exhasperatedly. "It's quite annoying really, how the mastermind to all this was someone who is close to you. In blood ties, of course." He saw the clench of Reiji's gloved fist and hummed.

Eyes gaining their magenta glow in mischief and amusement, he continued to speak not caring for the inner turmoil of the vampire.

'It's not like it matters anyway. Might as well enjoy my stay until I leave.'

"Oh and I did recall him mentioning how impressed he is with how things have developed." Reiji glanced at him with annoyance. "Impressed? Odd, I find that hardly believable given father rarely feels impressed." The lace of venom had a bite to it but it didn't falter the other.

"Oh but you should believe it! He was really impressed when they killed my sister!" He laughed with a sadistic glint in his eyes as he placed his palm on his chin. "He was more impressed with you though. With what you did to your brother and mother." 

Reiji glared at the other. "Burning down a village to gain your mother's attention and killing her for the same reason. Even I am impressed with the capabilities you have." Reiji felt a cold chill down his spine as he stared at the other with wide eyes. "How do you-" "Know? Simply because I do." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Every move done or will be done, I know." Reiji narrowed his eyes at the other in suspicion. Was this man really the best option for the situation? How did their father become acquianted with this man?

"I see." Those were the only words he mustered to say before he turned back on his work. But his concentration was gone. His mind wandered off to the words of the other. It can't be possible. How in the world would he know? He was never around. Unless... someone had actually been giving out intel.

"The moon sure looks lovely tonight." He turned to the other who was staring out the window. Reiji turned to the moon and huffed. "It may seem a blood moon is to occur soon." The other chuckled as he licked his lips. "A wonderful weather for harvesting." Reiji stared at the other who continued to stare at the full moon that was soon to be painted in red.