Hold me tonight.

So, if there is going to be sequel to this book, it may be about Charlie more than J-Dog and Tamera. It will probably switch back and forth between them.

~Charlie Scene~

Me: "Hey, is this Edith?"

No text back. My heart started to sink. I felt so lonely in my house, and I just wanted someone to come over to watch movies with me. Company sounded nice to have at this dreadful time.

After about 30 minutes my phone buzzed and I quickly snatched it up.

Edith: "Yeah, I'm guessing this is Jordon?"

I sighed. Having fans call me by my actual name bothered me. Then, she wasn't just a fan. She was an interesting girl, which I would most likely want to get to know of course. Then if I really liked her, maybe I would possibly ask her out.

I was debating on if I should tell her to call me Charlie or not. I sat there, hovering over the keyboard as I searched for words.

Me: "You could just call me Charlie."

Edith: "Maybe I want to call you Jordon."

She was a bit commanding, let's say that. Edith was an aggressive lady, which of course did not put up with anything. You could tell with her body language, her words, and her expressions.

Me: "Fine. I'd be more comfortable with Charlie, though."

Before she could text me back, I decided to kill some time instead of just sitting in my dark living room and watching TV. I padded across the cold kitchen tiled floor with my bare feet, accepting the chill. I opened one door of the metallic fridge, staring into it to find some beer.

There was nothing. No beer bottles sat on any of the messy shelves, not even a empty box of them. I groaned in disappointment before slamming the door shut. Honestly, I had a problem. It made me feel happier than I usually was. I couldn't feel any of the pain that I experienced going on in my heart. There were no worries.

Hakuna Matata.

Edith: "What's up?"

Me: "Sitting in my dark room being desolate and alone."

Edith: "Want me to come over?"

Now, what kind of question was his? Of course I would want her to come over and spend some time with me so I wouldn't be alone. Edith was someone I wanted to get to know. Seeing that text actually made my heart rise up into my throat with happiness. I coughed.

Me: "Sure.."

I gave her my address so she could find her way over here, and I slumped down in the recliner chair I sat in. The ceiling was dark. The whole room was slightly dark. The TV had the living room slightly glowing. Edith just texted me saying she would be over in a few.

I closed my eyes as I waited for her knock on the door. Slowly, I could feel myself drift off into sleep. It was almost like a doze, so I tried my hardest to listen for the door. Nothing came.

Only a dream; but not just a dream.

I walked down a mahogany colored corridor in a black suit. It was completely black, even the button-up dress shirt underneath it. The bow tie was even black. My slacks and shoes were black. What was this? Where was I?

I entered a dim room with a casket. It was closed. Slowly, I walked over to it. The floorboards underneath me creaked loudly, like they were about to break from underneath me. They never did thankfully.

There was a lock on the coffin. On the side in gold, it read "Jack Terrell". My fingers softly drug over the small gold-metal rectangle before there was a thump.

It was from inside the casket.

It came again, which made me fumble for the lock. This made me completely panic, and I tried to look around for a key. There was no key anywhere, so I tried kicking it off.

"Just one second, dad!" I freaked, my hands shaking.

My mom soon came in, hustling over, "What are you doing?! Leave him alone!"

"He's alive in there!" I exclaim, going back to kicking the chain.

"No, Jordon. He's dead!" I spun around, staring at her, "he's dead.."

It was as if the shaking and banging stopped when she said this. I turned, and with another kick they broke off.

"Let him rest in peace." My mom touched my shoulder, and I shrugged it away.

"He's alive!" I snapped, trying to open the casket.

"Jordon! Wake up!" I felt a violent shake, which made my eyes shoot open.

It was Edith. All I could possibly do was hug her torso. I didn't get up to even hug her properly. Just the thought of my dad.. It made me break down.

And cry.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I embraced her. She touched the back of my head and stroked my head as I let everything out.

"Why can't he be here?!" I sobbed, holding her tighter.

"Because God needs more Angels.."