Chapter 1

Recruitment: The Beginning

The ring of the bell indicated the end of school hours. Students from different classes filed out of the rooms, some headed towards club room others waiting for their ride home.

Tugging the hair at the back of her ear, Na Jaera collected her belongings and walked out of the room. She bid goodbye to her friends before walking back to her house, which wasn't very far from the school.

Returning back, she changed into regular cloths and once again set off for her job. Being a student while doing two part time jobs was certainly exhausting. Her marks at school weren't doing great, she barely had time in her life. But she couldn't quit everything like she wanted to.

Jaera is a girl of many secrets. She has a mysterious life, that no one is aware off. Though she has lots of friends, she is still very reserved and barely let's them in.

Just like any normal day, she made her way to the antic shop. She worked part time to be able to feed her belly. Being alone, the girl had to support herself without the help of anything but the scholarship she earned at school.

"Hey Jaera, you are just in time." Her coworker who was attending a customer greater her. "I'm going to pack up then, I'm in a hurry anyways."

The younger girl hummed and joined her at the counter. Soon her coworker also packed her things and left. Jaera roamed around the shop dusting as boredom consumed her. The shop did have much customers, so she spend most of the time exploring the antic items.

As the day falls, Jaera stares out of the shop. As many people pass by the shop, she notices a man in a hoodie staring at her. She furrows her eyebrows as he man turns and walks away.

Shrugging she continued with her day. Soon the clock struck eight. Closing the shop with minimal profit earned, Jaera heads back to her one room apartment.  A heavy feeling rising as she keeps taking step after step. Soon her senses indicate her ,that she is being followed.

Picking her pace, she clutches on her bag and heads straight toward her apartment. But luck wasn't on her side. As she approached the dark barely standing building, that she calls home, she notices a figure.

Walking more towards it, with a rising fear in her heart, she notices the same grey hoodie. His longs bangs hid his face. The short man stunned her more, as he calls out her name, "Jaera, am I right!"

"Who are you? What do you want?" She asks in a stern tone. "Well as you can see, you don't know me, but I do. I know everything you are hiding, every little secret of yours."

"If you don't have anything important to say then excuse me!" Jaera pushed past the man and unlocked the door. With a sigh he started speaking, "Isorropia, I suppose you head of that place before."

Jaera haulted her movement as soon as the name slipped his mouth and turned towards him. "Are you one of them?" "No I'm from the Academy, and the headmaster is asking for your presence."

"And why should I believe you? You haven't even introduced yourself."

"Ten Lee, academy recruiter. If you don't believe me. I'm sorry, it can't be helped. It you don't want to come, then don't. But let me tell you this, they are looking for the last black magic holders. They are here too, hiding between the humans."

Seeing Jaera's deadpan look, Ten huffed another sigh, brushing his hair with his hand. "Take your time to think, I'll stop by the antic shop tomorrow."

With that he disappeared in thin air. Jaera entered the apartment and threw her bag on the bed. She dropped on the floor, her back hitting the walls, as she brought her knees to her chest. A frustrated sigh left her lips, as her eyes got teary with her mind flashing all the old terrors in her.

 A frustrated sigh left her lips, as her eyes got teary with her mind flashing all the old terrors in her