Chapter 19

More Tests

"This is a very weird type of training. Does this happen often?" Jisung asked as he was jogging through the woods

Shotaro and a few other seniors were also jogging with him. The trainer had asked them to do so which only the two boys didn't have any idea why. Whereas the rest knew very well.

"Should we jog a little faster." Mark insisted. "This is more like walking than jogging."

The group continued with their jog as they got deeper into the woods. On reaching a certain spot, one of the senior guys bumped into another who suddenly came to a stop.

"What's wrong with you Chu?" He grunted.

"You all hear something?" Jimin asked instead of answering the guy.

To his words, the boys started listening attentively. They could hear a faint voice, that started growing a little louder by time. It seemed like someone was asking for help.

Mark and Renjun shared a look with each other before nodding at the other seniors. The oldest cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"We should split up and look for the sound." The group of boys nodded.

"Jisung, Shotaro go to the east. Renjun, Chu Jimin to north." He divided them in group and everyone started walking towards their respective directions.

"I don't think it's a good thing to team us two up. My powers are on the defence side. I can't do much." Jisung got worried as the voice got louder.

"We can't back off though." Shotaro said taking the lead.

Jisung followed him from behind and soon the sound was louder than ever. Pushing past the bushes and trees that blocked their view, they froze at the view. A little girl around five stood in front of a never seen before creature.

"Shit!!" Jisung mumbled and sprang in action.

He stepped on the shadow of the creature restricting it's movement. Shotaro was quick to freeze it's body. Jisung moved away from the shadow and walked to the little girl.

But little did they know, they rejoiced to fast. The girl let out a cry, when the creature broke away and strangled Shotaro. But he was quick to react and created a ice wall. It quickly moved away him and attacked Jisung. He failed to get on defence and was thrown against a tree.

The girl stood still wide eyed watching him whimper in pain. The creature still in it's place while Shotaro ran to the younger to check on him dismissing it's presence.

Out of nowhere, all the seniors gathered around the injured boy. Renjun quickly using his healing to heal the boy. The girl walked walked towards Mark and held his trousers with her small hands. Mark bend down as she pull it to get his attention.

"Is he going to be ok?" She asked in a small voice.

Mark nodded and pulled her up to carry her in his arms. The creature which turned into a human walked towards the group. Shotaro turned towards him and gave him a questioning look.

"Don't give me that look, the academy had to test your skills so this was all a set up. And don't worry both of you passed." Yuta said.

"Damn it's it too much though. You even scared this girl." Jisung murmured in pain.

"She was a part of this plan. She is Julia Suh. My sister's daughter." Mark said.

" Mark said