Chapter 27

Practice match

"You seem to be in deep thought!"

Jaemin got startled by the sudden feminine voice coming from his back. He turned around and noticed the girl. As she sat down opposite to him, he sent her a smile.

"I want thinking anything, just trying to memorize these stuff." He lied pointing at the book in front 9f him.

Mira gave him a judging look. "I know you are lying."

Jaemin pulled his lips in a straight line, to which she chuckled.

"You know you can share it with me. It's better to let stuff that bottling it up."

She placed a hand on top of his palm. Jaemin smiled a little and nodded.

"Say Mira if you have a dead family member. But years later they decide to reappear in your life. What would you do?"

"Why would someone dead come back?"

"Maybe be like, the had been faking it."

Mira nodded understandingly, " I think, I observe them at first. If their intentions seems ok, I would slowly get back to the them."

Jaemin nodded.

"Why do you ask though?"

"Uh, it's Jeno who asked me in first place."

Uncovinced, Mira still nodded.

~☆~

"Oh damn Jaesuk you are pretty good at this!"

The said boy shifted back to his human form. Sungchan clapped and complimented him.

"What are you all doing?"

Jaera walked down to the training ground with Jisung behind her.

"Jaehyuk was showing his cool shifting techniques."

"You are the new guy from last week right?"

Jaehyuk nodded at Jisung's statement.

"All right shall we test your skills today?" Jaehyun raised a brow walking towards group.

Soon the other seniors joined in. They were grouped in twos. Sana walked in to check on the fight. Along with Jaehyun she decided the opponent teams. On the male trainer's instructions, the groups started a match.

Jisung, Jaehyuk went first and were up against Renjun and Jeno. Jaehyuk was quick to distract the two seniors with his fast shifting. Jisung took the opportunity to get behind Jeno and step on his shadow. He pulled out his sword to hit Renjun but the guy was faster to block his attack. The black dog, that Jaehyuk shifted to pounced ona struggling Jeno. Jisung moved away as the the older male fell back. The dog was thrown away while Jeno was on his feets again.

"Stop!" Jaehyun said. "The start was good but both of you, specially Jaehyuk underestimated Jeno's power."

The next group to go was Haechan and Mark against Mira and Chenle. The fight didn't last long as the bunch of extroverts started screaming while Mark add to it with his contagious laugh. Sana had to manipulate there sound they created and make them stop as Jaehyun's shouts didn't work.

The twins were against Jaera and Shotaro. The juniors side freezing the fire mages to get an easy win. Mirae and Renjun checked others for injuries to heal, while Sungchan just watched.

"That was a good match all of you. And some good results for my research too. Good job." Sana happily walked away.

"What research?" Jaera whisper asked.

"It's something related to body launguage and self control of a mage while they are in action." Yumi replied.

Jaera, Sungchan, Shotaro and Jisung walked out of the ground together as the sun started setting in the car horizon. They went back to the academy building to get rest of their stuff before heading back at dorms.

"Oh I need to meet Jeno hyung before heading back. You all head back."

The three friends nodded and waved Jisung good bye.