Chapter 10

Distress

"Who does she think she is! What a bitch!" Jaemin was outraged.

He stomped his way out of the Academy building, eyes glaring at whoever and whatever that came in his way.

Mark, the Student Council president, who was close to the boy stared at his figure in confusion. Jaemin was one of the calmest students and seeing him like this would confuse anybody.

He entered the cafe opposite to the Academy and sat down. The baristas there where familiar to him, enough for them to know what he needed. Jaemin sat on a window side table with his hands joined in front of this face.

"Jaemin your Namericano is ready!" Byeonghee also known as Bain for short called out from the counter.

He got up from the seat and approached the two baristas. The other guy handed him a straw and the glass of black liquid.

"You seem stressed is everything okay Jaemin?" The guy asked worried.

"I'm fine Geonu. Don't worry." He smiled and took the stuff from his hand. Getting back to his seat, Jaemin sup down the scary looking drink. The bitterness calming him down slowly.

Jaemin noticed Mira walking out of the Academy get and sighed. He quickly gulped down the remaining of the extra shot americano before Mira saw it and started ranting.

"Jaemin!!" Mira stood in front of him, hands crossed in front of her chest.

"What is it?"

"Why were you so rude back there?"

"None of your business."

"But you can't just talk to Jaera-"

"Stop, don't mention that name. I don't want to associate with fake people."

Jaemin stood up from the seat and glared at her. Before she could defend her friend he walked out of the cafe. Mira was too stunned by his behavior to think of anything.

"Excuse me!" Mira turned to see Bain and Geonu standing beside her.

"Who did you just men-"

"Is everything okay? Jaemin isn't usually like this."

"Ah, I'm not sure what's wrong either. But something about the new girl in the Academy triggers him."

"Ah that's bad!"

Mira awkwardly nodded and walked back to the Academy premises. The two barista shared a look and got back to their work.

~☆~

Jaemin walked down the muddy road amidst the tall tree in the woods. The crepuscular Ray's being the only source of light swept in between the tall trees.

The woods were inhabited and was bigger and thicker than before. He soon arrived in front of what remained as ruins.

The once beautiful house that belonged to the Na family, now stood their as burnt ruins. The colorful walls were now black and covered in dust. He could no longer see his siblings peeking out of the open windows, but only creepers and other plants. The gate was rusted over time without maintenance and had jammed. The entrance door was blocked by the collapsed shed.

It been over twelve years the incident occurred. Jaemin kept blaming himself  as the last survivor of the house. His biggest regret was that he didn't listen to his twin sister that day.

Tears rolled down his cheeks as the place always  reminded him of his family. The happy times with his family flashed in front of his eyes.

"You will never be her! No one can take their place!" He cried out.