Chapter 40

The First Threat

The king sat in the middle of the huge council room. All the ministers surrounded him in rows. Then sat the military officials and important people of the Isorropia. Everyone had a stoic face.

Orders given, thoughts shared, confirmations made. Everyone in the council was stressed at the latest threat. After generations of anticipation, the great war was finally coming.

As the meeting came to an end, everyone stood up and bowed to the king respectfully. His guards escorted him outside. The council broke away everyone returning their own way.

"We are counting on you Mrs. Wen." The finance minister said to the defense minister. "Don't worry, our team has sworn to fight till their last breath. We just want everyone's co-operation."

The finance minister nodded and walked away. Zhengyi spotted the Suh couple walking out of the room. As soon as their eyes met, Jane gave her a smile.

"Hello Mrs. Wen, we were looking for you only." Johnny said approaching her.

"Let's move out of this place and talk." The couple followed the defense minister to a more deserted area.

"So Mrs Wen, please-" Zhengyi cut him off with a glare to which Jane bursted in laugh.

"Jane what's wrong with your husband,  I can't believe Johnny is being so formal."

"I was kidding, so anyways Zhengyi inform us what all stuff you need, maybe even send a few men to check out our current stock."

"I'll make sure I send them, will inform in a few."

The couple nodded. They discussed about weapon stuff a little more, before Zhengyi took her leave. She walked towards the opposite corridor as them. Passing by she saw a black cat cross her path. Without bothering about it's presence, she walked ahead.

~☆~

Taeil was stopped by Kun, Doyoung and Taeyong. They pulled him towards the empty corridor away from the other council men.

"So?" The advisor raised a brow.

"The book and the Nas."

"Hmm, the book I'll just let Zhengyi handle it. About the siblings, first find the oldest girl. I'm pretty sure she is around here. Possibly check the whole forest. If you can't find her, find out where the Lim's son stays, he definitely knows."

"Ok, we are thinking of letting Na Jaemin learn that spell. Will it be fine?" Kun asked.

Taeil stared at him for a few second. "I'm not too sure about that but if thing take a bad turn it's the only thing that can change everything."

"Let him learn the spell, is putting too much pressure on him, he is still young." Taeyong sighed.

"But that spell was made for this purpose. If they get what they want, it's the end of Isorropia." Doyoung bit his bottom lips. "We don't have any other options."

"Doyoung's right! Make sure he knows the spell. You have trained him for this purpose. He is our trump card." Taeil said.

Kun nodded.

"Ok all take my leave." He patted Kun's back and left them alone.

Walking towards the exit he meet his wife. She gave a faint smile and joined beside him.

"Stressed?"

"I have to prepare the front line for the worst. I don't even know if I'm capable enough for doing this."

"You will be fine, they gave you this title for a reason. You are Wen Zhengyi, believe in yourself."