Chapter 45

The Evil

"Why would they call everyone at the training ground? The exams got over just yesterday, I don't want to train again." Mira huffed.

"Ugh they won't even give us a break."

The roommates walked out of their room after receiving a call from Jaemin. They met up with him and Jisung at the foot of the building.

"Who are we waiting for?" Jaera asked.

"Renjun!"

Soon after the male arrived they stepped out of the academy premises. Going in a more dessert area, they teleported in front of Jaerin's cottage.

But instead of being greeted by the sight of the cottage house, they only found ruins. Their hearts dropped at the pit of their stomach, heart thumping fast in terror.

"I hope this is a hallucination. It's one of her tricks." Renjun murmured.

The two siblings started shouting the girl's name. Their voiced echoed through the forest. Dread consumed them, Jaera voice wavered as she continued calling her name.

Jisung put his hand around her shoulder. By then all of them were aware that it was no hallucination. Jaerin wasn't playing any tricks. Something definitely happened.

Mira looked around the woods, she spotted a black cat behind one of the trees. She smirked seeing it. The cat turned and disappeared from sight.

"Uhh let's see if we can find any of the boys."

Reaching the big trees, they seperated into each of their houses. But all the doors seemed locked. Jaera stepped out of Bain's house and proceeded towards the last house.

"So you think they are around the academy?" Jisung asked.

"Maybe, but let's check Lim Jimin's one before returning."

The group of five stood in front of the Lim's household. The first thing Jaera spotted was the unlocked door. She pushed it open and entered. Jaemin followed her inside Jimin's study. He spotted a piece of paper kept under a paper weight.

Hesitate he took it and started reading. It was a letter to him by Jimin himself. As he continued reading the rest observed, how his facials changed. The tension in the room could be cut by a knife. Jaemin crumbed the paper and threw it on the floor.

Jaera and Jisung shared a look and followed Jaemin outside. The boy didn't utter a single word since he walked out of the Lim household. Soon they found themselves infront of the ruins agains.

This time the youngest was having a hard time putting herself together. Jisung noticed her change in body language. Jaera was desperately trying to avoid seeing the ruins.

"I think we should go back!" Jisung voiced out.

"But Jaerin.... they took her." Jaemin murmured.

"What are you all doing here?" The sudden voice made them look behind them.

Taeyong stood there with an eyebrow raised. Beside him were Doyoung, Mark and Sana.

"Where is she?" Doyoung asked, he did notice the ruins behind them.

"They took her!" Jaemin said looking away.

It's like Doyoung and Taeyong already knew that there is a possibility of this happening. They knew very well what was going on and asked them to return to the academy.

 They knew very well what was going on and asked them to return to the academy