Chapter 23

Hurting

Jaera walked out of the cafeteria leaving the boys to join the senior table. She wandered around the corridor without having anywhere to go.

"Jaera!" Hearing a familiar vioce she turned around.

Chu Jimin stood behind her with Sangwoo and Doyeom. She waved at them, a smile lingering on her face.

"Where are you off to?"

"Nowhere in perticular. What about you?"

"Library, did your friends ditch you?" Doyeom asked.

"No, I did. They are hanging out with Jaemin, I don't want to."

A frown appeared on their faces.

"Stop frowning or I'll smack you three. It's doesn't bother me so it shouldn't to you guys too." Lies.

"Ok, you know where to go to if you feel bad Jaera. We will be off."

She signed and started walking away. What she said earlier started bothering her. It was a clear lie that slipped out. Something only Jaerin would break through if she was here.

Not many students were around. The sunlight was sweeping in through the big window liting up the end of the corridor. Jaera felt a sudden presence behind her.

She quickly turned around, furrow ing her eyebrows. There was nothing. It was as empty as before. An ery feeling spread across her chest. Jaera walked a few steps more towards the stairs and snapped her neck backwards, a gush of wind passing by.

"The window is closed though?" She murmured to herself.

With a heavy chest, she started walking down the stairs. Midway she stopped again. A small shadowy figure crossed her path. But soon signed in relief when she noticed it was just a black cat.

Brushing her slow growing fear off, Jaera let her guards down and started walking down the rest of the steps. Near the end of it, her foot suddenly got stuck making her trip.

"Ah shit!" She scrunched her face and looked back at the stairs. There was nothing, absolutely nothing.

Jaera stood up from the floor but fell back instead and cursed under her breath. Her knee was scraped and ankle twisted. She looked down at her knees with a frown, eyes teary.

"What happened?" She heard a gentle voice above her.

Looking up she saw Renjun peeking over her head, hands in pocket of his pants.

"Fell down!"

"You are clumsy like your brother." He kneeled down before her and started healing her injuries.

"Huh?"

"Jaemin told me, I know."

"What? What would he tell you? That I'm a scam. On their side." She scoffed.

"Jaera, Jaemin's hurt. He doesn't show, but ever since that day twelve years ago he hasn't been himself. Give him time."

"Why are you helping me? I can be a scam too."

Renjun gave her a deadpan look. "I have know Jaemin for twelve years, I was friends with Jaerin too. I can tell by you behaviour that are related to both of them. No black magic can make you this similar to them."

Renjun helped her to stand up. She thanked him without meeting his eyes and walked away.

"Both of them are so stubborn!" He shook his head sighing.