Chapter 30

Trap

"My class is on the first floor." Jeno pointed out as they reached the end of the never ending corridor.

The staircase is divided in two. On going up to there Jeno's class is in. While the other led to the underground chamber.

"Let's split up in teams of two. Jaemin, Jaera come with me to the underground chambers. You three go to the first floor."

The two groups divided. Shotaro and Sungchan followed Jeno towards the first floor.

"Let's check in all the classrooms." The oldest of the three suggested.

Agreeing, each of them went for an empty classroom.  The sound of doors sliding open and shut resonated through the floor. Not long after they got together, all having the same answer.

"Let's check the floors above!"

~☆~

The siblings followed Renjun down the stairs that led to the underground chambers. Occasionally they exchanged awkward glances at each other.

The minimum amount of light coming from the floor above was cut off as they stepped on the floor. Their eyes had not yet adjusted to the darkness. Renjun yelped when a fire lit beside him.

Jaemin caught the boy and stared back at his sister. Jaera walked ahead with the blue fire dancing on her palm. There were broken door chambers along the ways. While some were firmly closed.

"I wonder what stuff are in these." Renjun murmured.

The corridor branched into different parts. The three came to a hault not knowing which way to take. Renjun was quick to work his brains.

"Hey Nas can't you two use black magic stuff and find the correct way?"

The Jaera gave a hesitant nod and prepared herself. She was pretty much a beginner in this field of black magic. Jaemin on the other hand was quick to use his powers.

A cloud of black smoke rose around his body and shot in the lanes. Jaera followed him and did the same. The only difference was she could sent the smoke to only two lanes while Jaemin slowly covered all of them.

"Right side!" Jaemin said drawing the magic back.

The two followed him closely behind. More chambers on the way. They passed all until they stumble up a half open door. The one Jaemin felt the presence of a human from.

"Black magic!" Jaera murmured.

The two older boys turned towards her and followed her wide open eye. A black fog was sweeping our of the door. Jaera went ahead to pull open the door. But as soon as she touched it, she pulled her hands back with a yelp.

"They put a curse on it!"

Jaemin pulled the girl back by her upper arm. He put his hand a few millimetres above the door and murmured some spell. The door opened itself allowing more smoke to come out.

Anything was barely visible because of the darkness and the mist. Renjun wandered off in the room trying to get any clue. As he was about to put a step ahead, Jaera stopped him.

Jaemin stopped beside and put his hand on his shoulder. The fire in the youngest's hand flared. A dim blue light on the floor got brighter as the light feel on it. The older dark mage knew what it was as soon as it started taking shape.

"A curse! Someone is sealed inside." Jaemin said. "Both of you move out of the room."

As soon as they exited, Jaemin started murmuring spells. Soon the mist twirled around the room. Wind started blowing. The blue curse lifted off the ground and floated in the air. No long after it broke, like little pieces of glowing glass and disappeared in thin air.

The two walked in once again. The light from the blue flame falling on the individual, who Jaemin lifted the cruise from.

"Jisung!" She gasped.