Chapter 49

The Great War: Continuation

"The main troupe is coming from the east, I repeat the main troupe is coming from the east. Everyone on the Easter border be prepared!"

Loud sirens echoed throughout the kingdom. The military on the eastern border came out of the camps.

"We see them, there are a lot of mages on their side."

"Fire the cannons!!" The official ordered.

The cannons set at higher terrains fired simultaneously at the approaching troupes. Magic barriers guarded the troupes at places while the rest fell into the bloodbath.

"They keep coming in!!"

"Get ready we are going to attack!!" Zhengyi appeared at the camp site. "Prepare for the war, put the mages in between the armed men."

On the minister's order the military prepared to launch their attack. Leaving the camp site they stood in front of the opponent troupe.

"Ma'am please follow us. We will take you to a safer ground."

Zhengyi nodded and followed the official to a higher place to watch over the war.

~☆~

Haechan followed his instincts as he walked inside the wood. He could barely watch his steps in the darkness. His heart was thumping erritacally. The sound of blasts going off added to his fear of being alone.

He had no idea where his legs were taking him. All he could conclude was that he was far from the central part kingdom. As he walked further the tree grew in both height and width. Unlike before the sounds of blast barely reached his years.

To his surprise he found a cave like structure with a huge rock in front. As he went near the structure, he could make out faith voices. Along with footsteps the voices grew louder. Haechan ran and hid behind a tree.

The rock lit up in a yellow light and moved revealing a pathway. Three men walked out from there while talking. Haechan's eyes widened seeing the robe they wore. He attentively listened to their conversation.

"Hey Taecyeon when is he going to launch the attack at the Academy. We need the two siblings to make this one work." One of the guys in the white robe spoke.

The guy named Taecyeon nodded with a smile, "About now!"

"This girl is hard headed. She broke the syringes too." Spoke the other.

"But she is a powerful one!"

Once they were out of sight, Haechan telekinetically lifted the rock and made his way inside. It looked like a mini lab that has been used for a while.

He found Jaerin on the floor, totally knocked out. While banging sounds came form a room beside. He removed the lock and out came Geonu.

"Aren't you the guy from the cafe opposite to the Acad-"

"Yeah but we don't have time for that shit. I need to get Jaerin to Jaemin and Renjun."

Haechan gave him a questioning look but nonetheless agreed. Geonu picked the girl up and held Haechan to teleport them to the academy premises. As soon as they arrived they were taken aback by the chaos.

"Look for Renjun, I'll look for her siblings!" Geonu shouted on top of the chaos.

"Stop ordering me around!" He ran off towards the medical unit while Geonu struggled to take care of Jaerin and look for the Nas.

To his luck, Jisung spotted him from a far and dragged Jaera with him. As soon as the girl arrive she jumped a little seeing the older.

"I think it's better to take her out of sight." Jisung suggested.

So once Haechan arrived with Renjun they took her behind the medical room in the ground floor of the old side of the academy building.