Sebastian Smythe doesn't Blush, he Smirks

Kurt and Blaine walked into a particularly busy Lima Bean. They looked around, eyes landing on the only empty table which just so happened to be behind a boy with CW hair and a Dalton Blazer. Kurt and Blaine sighed before making their way over to the empty table, hoping that the Warbler wouldn't notice them.

As they sat down, they noticed Sebastian wasn't alone. The seat across from him was occupied by a particularly down looking kid.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Sebastian asked the boy. Kirt and Blaine shared a look at how soft his voice was.

"They we're picking on this boy just because he wasn't cool, it wasn't right." The boy said. "But when I stood up to them, they decided that I should be their new target. God, maybe I should just switch Schools or move in with my Dad."

"You shouldn't run." Sebastian said.

"What would you know?" The boy snapped.

"A lot more than you think. I remember saying almost those exact words to my Mom when she was patching me up after I couldn't get away." Sebastian said to the boy, who furrowed his brows but his expression had softened.

Kurt and Blaine were shocked. Surely Sebastian was lying. But why would he lie about this? This wouldn't boost his popularity or anything so why make something like this up?

"I mean, the only reason I'm here in Ohio is to get away from bullies. If it were up to me, I would be back home with Iris and Joe and being a nerd, walking to the police station after School, doing those 'weird kid' things that made me happy." Sebastian smiled at the memories he seemed to be living in.

"But, I became the bully. Now I have to deal with everything I've done to people. I have to suffer through the evil or afraid looks I get everyday and always where that stupid smirk that even I hate. I have to go to my dorm and cry in my room every night. It sucks."

"That does suck, man." The kid agreed.

"I honestly can't wait until High School is over, and not for the reason most teenagers would think." Sebastian said.

"Why?" The boy questioned, curious. Kurt and Blaine listened intently and watched as a small smile appeared on Sebastians face as he answered.

"Because I get to see my Best Friend." He answered. "My family. And I can stop pretending to be someone I'm not because it's torture."

"Is Iris your best friend?" The boy asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. She was always there for me. I remember when I moved in with her and her dad, I didn't cry about my Mom's death for an entire month. One night, she came down the stairs to see me just sitting on the couch and she sat with me. She told that it was okay to not be strong sometimes, and then the tears, they just fell. She put my head in her lap and we fell asleep there." He explained, seemingly living the sad and happy memory as he did.

"That's nice." The boy said thoughtfully and then pulled out his phone as it chimed with a notification. "Listen, I gotta go, My Mom wants me home." He said and Sebastian nodded before the boy walked out of the coffee shop.

Kurt and Blaine shared a look before they stood up, Kurt dragging a chair with him to Sebastians table, Blaine taking the now unoccupied seat. Sebastian rolled his eyes, the pleasant demeanor being replaced with an annoyed one at their presence.

"Sebastian." Kurt said.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Princess?" He asked, annoyed.

"We heard your conversation with the boy" Blaine said and the couple noticed how Sebastian paled five shades lighter, which was a bit worrying. He panicked look was quickly replaced with an angry one. He glared at them.

"What of it?" He snapped at them.

"We want you to explain to us what you meant." Kurt answered.

"No. Now if you don't mind, I'm supposed to be meeting someone here so could you-"

Sebastian was cut off by someone clearing their throat. The three looked up to see a woman carrying a binder full of papers.

"Hi." She greeted them. "I'm looking for a Bartholomew Henry Allen." She stated, questioning if he was any one of them or if they knew him.

"I'm sorry ma'm but-"

"-Right here." Sebastian said, cutting off Blaine. The couple shot him confused looks. "Who are you and where is Miss Parks?" He asked the woman.

"I'm your new Social Worker, Katie Simpson." She introduced herself, not noticing how Sebastian's face paled again and Blaine and Kurt looked surprised and still so very, very confused. "I went over your file and notes from Miss Parks and I'm sorry about your past." She stated. "I'm here to discuss the High School situation with you, is that correct?"

Sebastian nodded slowly, looking nervous as he did but Katie paid no attention to it as she pulled up a chair.

"Who are they? Do you want them present for this?" She asked, looking between Blaine and Kurt and Sebastian.

Sebastian sighed. "Yeah, sure." He said. "They can stay."

Katie nodded. "So, Bartholomew-"

"-It's Barry." Sebastian or Barry cut her off.

"Okay, Barry, I went over the deal and made sense of it. Now, please, correct me if I'm wrong." She said and Barry nodded. "Your Foster Father, Joe West, decided that after an incident with Bullies, it would be best for you to finish High School in Westerville, Ohio's Dalton Academy." She said and Barry nodded, letting her know that was correct. "Wooh! I aced it!" She cheered in a normal voice.

"No you didn't." Barry said, his voice and features void of emotion.

"What?"

"Somewhere in there it should have also mentioned that during my time in Ohio, I am to be addressed by Sebastian Smythe, especially in company unless I say otherwise." He said. Katie glanced at Their guests before her eyes went wide in realization.

"Oh no...."

-This was it. This was the point where Sebastian would load the woman with insults- Blaine and Kurt thought. Apparently the woman thought so too from her extremely nervous appearance. A soft and understanding look graced Barry's face, though.

"It's okay, I guess. Now you know." He said, shrugging.

The woman visibly relaxed. "I guess you are as nice as Mary said. I thought she may have just been exaggerating." Katie replied.

"Thank you, ma'm, but I'm sure she was exaggerating."

"And I'm guessing the humbleness she described is true as well." Katie smiled amusedly.

Sebastian blushed faintly. Blushed. Sebastian Smythe doesn't blush, he smirks. Blaine cleared his throat.

"We can resume this another time, if you want, I mean." Katie offered awkwardly. Barry nodded and she sent him a quick look of understanding before gathering her stuff and disappearing out the door.