Friends

Sebastian was furious, seething with anger. Jeff sat in his desk chair looking as token as ever but when he noticed the murderous look in Sebastians eyes he quickly jumped up to try and calm his roommate.

"Sebastian, you need to calm down. Getting angry won't fix anything. The only thing we can do is think rationally about everything." Jeff explained hesitantly, nervous that the boy would lash out at him.

Sebastian seems to calm at his words as he processes them.

"You have to tell someone." He says.

"I can't." Jeff looks away. "No one believes me so why would the police?"

Jeff watches Sebastian as he stand there for a moment, seeming to have an internal debate, before he reaches in his pocket and grabs his phone. "Because your a good person Jeff and that slimy bastard needs to be put in Jail." He growls and unlocks his phone. Jeff watches as the boy goes into his contact and presses on someone named 'Joe'.

He glanced at Jeff before taking a shaky breathe and putting the phone on speaker. It rang three times before the sound of someone picking up the line crackled through the speaker.

"Bear?" A mans voice asked.

Jeff saw all the emotion that washed through Sebastians eyes at the name or sound of voice or whatever it was.

"Yeah, Joe, it's me." He breathed out, relaxing at the voice of the other person. "Listen, my roommate was raped and nobody else believes him. Please, Joe, you have to help." He begs. "Because Maxwell is a bad guy and he deserves to be put in Jail or on trial or something hug he can't get away with this so-"

"-Son, Son." Joe interrupted Sebastians ranting. "Of course I'll help but you need to calm yourself down. I'll talk to Singh, tell him there's an emergency with you and that I need to leave, and I'll come down to Ohio. It might take a while but you need to be patient. Can you do that?" He spoke with authority yet sincerity and genuine care in his voice, Jeff noticed, It was the way a Father would speak to their Son.

"Okay. I promise." Sebastian replied.

"Good. I'll be there as fast as I can, Barry." Joe promised. "You just help that roommate of yours get through this because if anyone can do that, it's you."

The line hung up and Sebastian slowly did the same on his end.

Jeff looked at Sebastian curiously yet his look was expectant, demanding an answer to the unspoken question.

"Who's Joe, Sebastian?" Jeff asked as his roommate remained silent.

Sebastian took a shaky breathe. "Joe is.. my Foster Father." He finally said, not meeting Jeff's shocked eyes.

"Foster- what? Sebastian, what's going on?" Jeff asked, stumbling through his words. Sebastian was silent, still looking down at the ground.

"Sebastian, if you don't explain to me what's going on this instant I will tell everyone you admitted to having a Foster Father." Jeff threatened before he could even think. Sebastians head snapped up at that and his eyes were cold and murderous. He was angry.

"So, what?" He snapped. "Now your going to use the information I trusted you with as Blackmail? You know, I think I'm seeing a completely new side to our 'lovable' Jeff."

Jeff, realizing what he's done, regretted the words that had left his mouth.

"I'm sorry." He muttered honestly. "I know I shouldn't have threatened you and I know I wouldn't have the guts to tell anyone your secret anyway."

He sat down next to where Sebastian had plopped himself on the bed.

"But can you please talk to me?"

He was quiet before sighing. "My name isn't Sebastian Smythe, Jeff." He spoke, much to the confusion of the blonde Warbler. "I'm not confident, a jerk, or even gay for that matter. The truth is I'm a nerd who got beat up bad enough that his Foster Father decided he should finish High School out of state and under a false identity." He looked up, meeting Jeff's eyes. "Sebastian Smythe isn't real, Jeff. He's a shield from what I fear, all the things I hated bouncing off me and sent right back at everyone else. And if I'm being honest, I hate Sebastian even more than Kurt probably does."

"What else?" Jeff asked knowingly get a gentleness to his voice. He knew there was more to the story. Much, much more.

"My real name is Barry Allen. When I was eleven, my Mother was murdered and my father wrongfully accused of killing her. But I was there that night, I saw." Sebastian said. "But everyone thought I was a crazy kid, nursing a delusion to help him get through his mother's death. I moved in with Joe and his daughter, Iris, my Best Friend of all time. Freshman year, some kids put me in the hospital and I couldn't talk my way out of it with Joe so he sent me to Ohio for my Junior year." He explained. "I just can't wait to go home again. I loved my old life. I liked hanging out at the Police Station and helping Joshua with Forensics. I liked sitting at Jitters with Iris and eating Grandma Esthers recipes for Dinner. I liked going to School and being a complete Nerd because that's who I am, Jeff. And I get it if you don't want to talk to me or if you want to tell the whole School-"

Jeff caught Sebastian off with a hug, the taller boy tensing up at the action before melting into it, like he hadn't been hugged in ages.

"It's okay, Barry." Jeff comforted. "I'm here for you and your past won't change that. I've seen that you were just wearing a mask this whole time. I've seen how much hurt flashed through your eyes whenever you did something even the slightest bit mean. I'm your friend Barry and your mine. End of story."

1000 words.